WHAT IS THE “HUM BABY”?
Our “Hum Baby” Chevy 350 crate engine is a street-friendly 350 HP mild street performance engine. We took the old generic 350 and fully upgraded it to last longer and have more performance than what GM and most other major manufactures in the industry offer. We go that extra mile to ensure it’s nothing but the best parts, machining, blueprinting, and testing.
- New Cast-Iron HD Vortec Heads
- New Performance Roller Cam
- New Hydraulic Lifters
- New High-Performance Bearings
- 1-Piece Rear Main Block
- Name Brand Parts: Edelbrock, Holley, Fel-Pro, MSD
- 5 Year/50,000 Mile Warranty
She was nicknamed the “Hum Baby” from a TV star hot rod mechanic who said it was the smoothest running rebuilt Chevy 350 crate engine he’d ever installed. He said, “This thing just hums! You should call it the ‘Hum Baby'”… and so we did!
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A REGULAR CRATE ENGINE FROM GM?
Quality control – GM manufactures their engines out of Mexico and the quality control is inconsistent. This is why you’ll see mixed reviews online. It’s not that the actual build itself is more, they just setup their operation to be as cheap as possible. Our facility is state-of-the-art with the best machinists in the area and the best equipment money can buy. The same machining, parts, and build process that goes into our $12,000 engines is the same for this one.
Parts – Most of the biggest players in the industry are price-driven. They get parts from overseas in large quantities to save money. A West Coast Engines customer knows we are not the cheapest, but we are the best out there. There’s no engine builder that does what we do: build high-end engines for your regular everyday “Joe” that wants a daily driver engine, customized, uses the quality brands we do, use the facilities we do, at the price we do, with a big 5 year warranty! It’s hard to find a Chevy 350 engine out in the market with parts like Edelbrock, Holley, Fel-Pro, MSD, Weiand, KING, COMP Cams, and Melling.
Customization – Every engine is hand-built just for you. You pick the paint color, valve covers, air cleaner, and other cosmetics.
Thoroughness – We have streamlined the purchase process to where you don’t need to know much about engines to do business with us because our sales staff is so highly trained that they can walk you through any technical process. Our team is always 3-steps-ahead when it comes to making sure you have the right parts that fit your vehicle. It’s enticing to purchase an engine that’s sitting on the shelf at a retail store for $1,000 less but ask yourself: is it the right oil pan that fits? The right flywheel? Is there a flywheel? Are there gaskets included and are they quality or will it leak? Is it a flat tappet cam that will go bad in 15K miles or a roller? There’s so much to know and so many ways to make a mistake if you don’t know engines. Here we do it once and do it right so you never have to do it again!
- **FULLY ASSEMBLED**
- 5 Year/Unlimited Mile Warranty
- Complete Long Block Assembly with NEW HD Vortec Iron Cylinder Heads Installed
- Brass Freeze Plugs
- HD Roller Timing
- Spin Tested
- Gasket Kit for Installation
- Melling Oil Pump
- 5 QT CFR Racing Oil Pan
- Chrome Valve Covers
- Timing Cover
- 8″ Summit Racing Balancer
- Custom Paint Job
- GM Dipstick
- Flexplate (or Flwheel for $100)
- 5 Year/50,000 Mile Warranty
- In Addition to Base Package…
- Live Tested and Broken-In
- Weiand Aluminum Intake Manifold
- 670 Holley Street Avenger Carburetor
- Holley Fuel Rail
- Summit Racing HEI Distributor
- MSD 8mm Wires
- Wire Separators
- Autolite 104 Spark Plugs
- Water Pump
- 180 Degree Thermostat
- Water Neck
- GM Dipstick
- (Front 2 Pulleys Not Included)
CALL FOR PRICING
- In Addition to Turnkey Package…
- Powermaster 9100 High Torque Mini Starter
- Holley Fuel Pump
- Fully Assembled and Installed Serpentine System (Available in Black or Polished Aluminum)
- 1 Belt Water Pump Pulley
- 2 Belt Crank Pulley
- 1 Belt Alternator Pulley
- 140 Amp GM 1 Wire Alternator
- Passenger Side Alternator Bracket
- Driver Side Power Steering Bracket
- Saginaw P Series Power Steering Pump, 5/8″ Keyway Shaft
- 1 Belt Power Steering Pulley (Keyway Style)
- ALTFAN – Universal alternator fan
- Gates 8 Rib Performance Belt
Here you can see Chevy 350 crate engine specs, shipping info, and more! Instant quotes: 619-458-1441
- Chevy 350 Crate Engine Specs
- How to Order
- Why We Customize
- Our 350 Crate Engine
- Why Choose The Hum Baby?
- What Is A Crate Engine?
- What Does This Engine Fit?
- The West Coast Motto
- About Our Company
- Cancel & Return Policy
- Horsepower: 350
- Torque: 400 lbs
- Gas: 87 Octane (Regular Gas)
- Basic RPM Operating Range: 1,800 to 5,000 RPM
- Stall Recommended: 1800
- Crankshaft: Cast-Iron (All Radius Ground 10/10)
- Cylinder Heads: Iron Vortec
- Cylinder Head Gasket: Fel-Pro
- Cylinder Head Bolts: Elgin
- Valve Springs: Pioneer
- Lifters: Elgin HL-2148
- Valve Size: 1.94/1.60
- Camshaft: Melling 22280 (Roller Hydraulic)
- Camshaft Lift: .502”
- Camshaft Duration: 220° Int / 224° Exh. @ .050” Lift
- Camshaft Lobe Separation: 110
- Push Rods: Elgin PR-373-100
- Rockers: Elgin Stamped Steel
- Rocker Arm Nut: Pioneer RM-341-100
- Rocker Arm Ball: Pioneer RM 342-100
- Rocker Arm Stud: ARP
- Valve Spring: Pioneer RV-943-X-100
- Intake Manifold: Weiand 8121 (Aluminum)
- Intake Gaskets: Fel-Pro 1255
- Pistons: Federal Mogul (Hypereutectic)
- Piston Rings: Hastings (Moly)
- Connecting Rods: GM Forged
- Timing Set: Melling 3-202SA (HD Roller)
- Main Bearings: Sealed Power 4663MA (Tri-Metal Performance)
- Carburetor: Holley Street-Avenger 670 CFM (Vacuum Secondary/Electric Choke)
- Carburetor Mounting Gaskets: Edelbrock 9265
- Fuel Rail: Holley Performance
- Balancer: Summit Racing Pro Street (8″)
- Distributor: MSD (HEI)
- Wires: MSD (8mm)
- Spark Plugs: BOSCH
- Pulleys: Spectre / CVF Racing
- Water Pump: GMB (Long or Short Available)
- Thermostat: OE 180 Degrees
- Shaft Intermediate: Melling IS-55E
- Oil Pan: CFR Racing HZ-9414-PBK (5 TQ w/ Windage Tray)
- Oil Pan Gasket Set: Mahle (Molded Rubber Compound)
- Oil Pump: Melling M-55
- Oil Pressure Switch: Summit Racing SMP-PS12
- Dipstick Tub & Stick: GM
- Flywheel/Flexplate: Pioneer (153 or 168 Tooth)
- Bolts: Pioneer S11-34
- Starter: Powermaster High Torque Mini
- Pulleys and Serpentine Systems: CVF Racing
- Fuel Pump: Holley Performance
- Core: $550.00
- Total Timing Specs: 32 Degrees @ 2500 RPM
- Compression Ratio: 9:1
- Header Recommendation: 1″ 5/8
*All Parts are subject to change due to availability. Substituted parts are of this Chevy 350 Crate Engine equal quality and durability to maintain advertised performance.*
Shipping rates are from $125 to $500 nationwide!
Shipping rates are all inclusive! Which means we can ship it to a freight terminal for pick-up, business, your installer, or your house for the same price… AND we offer pallet jack and liftgate services that’s included in the price already!
If your state is listed above then you are eligible for a core exchange! Core charge/deposit is $550.00 on top of the engine price.
- Core freight is FREE for eligible customers in these states: CA, NV, WA, MT, ID
- Core is picked up AFTER engine is delivered (not at the same time).
- You have 6 months to return your core after the engine is delivered
- Core instructions will be emailed to you after purchase
- Must be a 350 engine newer than year 1987 (2 or 4 bolt is fine)
- Yes, you may keep your core! Most customers do and just pay the core fee upfront.
- Core checks are sent within 90 days after core is mailed off
What is a core?
A core is an old engine. It constists of the block, heads, crankshaft, and connecting rods.
For optimum service and purchase accuracy all quotes and orders are completed by phone. You can reach by phone at 1-888-957-5454 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
When purchasing an engine online or even in the retail world, it comes as-is with no options. It will be painted black with one style of oil pan, no flywheel, no gaskets, generic intake manifold, generic carburetor, and a warranty that has so much fine print it’s essentially not a warranty whatsoever.
Here at West Coast Engines your engine is fully customized and built-to-order in just a few weeks. This allows us to accommodate the right oil pan, flywheel, engine color, intake manifold, smog equipment, or anything else that may be important to you! We can also customize the packages if you already have a carburetor or an ignition system and simply deduct it from your order. That way when the engine arrives it’s a QUALITY product that LOOKS, SOUNDS, and PERFORMS the way you want it, making every dollar spent worth the investment.
The “Hum Baby” is our world famous small block chevy engine! She’s a 350 crate engine with 325 horsepower and is a direct replacement for your Chevy classic truck, hot rod, rat rod, or muscle car. Built for everyday driving, light towing, long distance, or just cruising with the family around town.
When it comes to choose a 350 crate engine it’s hard to make the right decision. Have you done enough research? Are you making a smart investment? The search can be endless, but we work to make it easy. Find a company that knows what they’re doing and takes the time to help you understand. What you should know before buying a cheap engine.
- International Scout
- El Camino
- Bel Air
No matter if this is your first rodeo or a pro mechanic, we help to make your job easy. Give us a call today for an instant quote!
Learn more about West Coast Engines, Our team and why we’re the best choice by clicking this link to our About Us Page.
- Covers all manufacture defects
- Includes self-installation
- Includes labor to pro mechanics for repairs at $75/hour up to $850
- Includes all parts
- Includes leaks up to 90 days after start-up
- No returns on any performance engine whatsoever once it’s shipped.
- 25% cancellation fee prior to engine being shipping. This initiates after a credit card transaction is processed.
- Premium paint jobs and Serpentine Kit add-ons are non-refundable.
- Freight is non-refundable.