ABOUT THIS ENGINE | THE “HOLLYWOOD” 350 ENGINE
You think we would name an engine after that crazy city in Los Angeles?? We are much cooler than that my friend. We named the this engine after the pilot from the movie “Top Gun” played by Whip Hubley. We nicknamed it “Hollywood” because it’s showy and has all the good stuff like aluminum heads, roller rockers, steel crankshaft… it’s for those who like their cake and want to eat it too, you know?
Let’s talk about the engine! We have aluminum heads which are a great upgrade from the cast iron Vortec heads because they are lighter, run cooler, and flow better. A killer lopey sounding Trick-Flow cam that is a hydraulic roller and is part number 31403001. Elgin Industries supplies our self-adjusting steel roller rockers with ARP studs and a COMP Cams valve train.
The bottom-end has a Scat 9000 steel crankshaft rated up to 500 HP, GM forged rods, ARP rod bolts, and a Keith Black pistons with a Hastings rings.
On top of the engine is an Performer RPM Edelbrock intake with a 670 Street Avenger Holley carburetor on top. Get your fuel injection upgrade with a Holley Sniper EFI system! MSD Street-Fire HEI Distributor with MSD wires with some BOSCH spark plugs.
Every engine is machined, balanced, and blueprinted at our factory to ensure it meets our high standards. With a Drop-it-in-and-Go package we will hot run or dyno your engine for up to 1 hour with all your equipment installed so we can break-in your engine AND ensure all parts are working up to standard with no leaks or defects.
For more specs scroll down to the “MORE INFO” section.
“We specialize in the customization and restoration of classic Chevy trucks. We pride ourselves in conducting business with an emphasis on good morals and customer satisfaction. We have worked with numerous engine builders with mediocre results. We have installed several West Coast Engines and have had nothing but great service, great running engines, and attention to detail. If your looking to have a West Coast Engine installed head on over to my website and let’s make something happen!”
With every purchase you get a FREE paint job of your choice, chrome or black valve covers, and when you purchase a complete engine we can customize the front accessory drive systems and more!
Check out the PHOTO GALLERY page for more ideas.
For the do-it-yourself customers who already have their own parts to install.
- **FULLY ASSEMBLED & SPIN TESTED**
- 5 Year/50,000 Mile Warranty
- 6 Quarts of Lucas Break-In Oil
- Aluminum Cylinder Heads Installed
- Brass Freeze Plugs
- GM Dipstick
- Fel-Pro Gasket Kit for Installation
- Melling Oil Pump
- Oil Pan w/ Windage Tray
- Chrome Breather
- BOSCH Spark Plugs
- Timing Cover
- Chrome Valve Covers
- Summit Racing 8″ Balancer
- FREE Custom Paint Job (16 Colors Available)
CALL FOR PRICE
Fully dressed for an easy install. Bolt on a starter, fuel pump, alternator and she’s ready to fire-up!
- In Addition to the Base Package…
- Live Hot Tested and Broken-In
- Edelbrock Performer RPM Aluminum Intake
- Holley 770 Street Avenger Carburetor
- Holley Fuel Rail
- MSD HEI Distributor
- MSD 8mm Wires
- MSD Wire Separaters
- Thermostat Housing
- Mr Gasket Water Pump
- Crankshaft Pulley
- Water Pump Pulley
- Distributor Clamp
CALL FOR PRICE
The most complete engine shipped to your doorstep ready for an easy installation! Available with or without A/C!
- In Addition to Turnkey Package…
- Holley Fuel Pump
- Powermaster 9100 Starter
- Fully Assembled and Installed CVF Racing “Wraptor” Serpentine System (Available in Black or Polished Aluminum) with Lifetime Warranty
- 140 AMP GM Alternator
- GM Powersteering Pump
- A/C Compressor (Works w/ Vintage or Factory Air)
Here you can see our chevy 350 engine specs, shipping info, and more! Instant quotes: (888) 957-5454
- Engine specs
- How to Order
- Cast Iron vs. Aluminum Heads
- About Our Company
- Cancel & Return Policy
- Horsepower: 440
- Torque: 430 lbs
- Gas: 91 Octane (Premium Unleaded Gas)
- Max RPM: Idle to 5500 RPM
- Stall Recommended: 2300-2500
- Crankshaft: Scat (Steel)
- Cylinder Heads: Aluminum (64cc/195cc)
- Cylinder Head Gasket: Fel-Pro
- Cylinder Head Bolts: Elgin
- Valve Springs: Pioneer
- Lifters: COMP Cams
- Valve Size: 2.02/1.60
- Camshaft: COMP Cams
- Camshaft Lift: .540”
- Camshaft Duration: 230° Int / 234° Exh. @ .050” Lift
- Camshaft Lobe Separation: 110
- Push Rods: COMP Cams
- Rockers: Elgin SSR (1.6 Roller Rocker)
- Rocker Arm Stud: Pioneer
- Intake Manifold: Edelbrock Performer RPM (Aluminum)
- Pistons: Keith Black (Hypereutectic)
- Piston Rings: Hastings (Moly)
- Connecting Rods: GM Forged Powder Metal
- Timing Set: Melling (HD Roller)
- Bearings: KING HP Series (Tri-Metal Performance)
- Carburetor: Holley (670 CFM)
- Carburetor Mounting Gaskets: Fel-Pro
- Fuel Rail: Holley
- Balancer: Summit Racing (8″)
- Distributor: MSD (HEI)
- Wires: MSD (8mm)
- Spark Plugs: BOSCH
- Pulleys: CVF Racing
- Water Pump: Mr Gasket
- Thermostat: 180 Degrees
- Gasket Set: Included (Fel-Pro/Victor Reinz)
- Oil Pan: Engine Quest (5 TQ)
- Oil Pan Gasket Set: Mahle (Molded Rubber Compound)
- Oil Pump: Melling (M-55)
- Dipstick Tub & Stick: GM
- Flywheel/Flexplate: Pioneer (153 or 168 Tooth)
- Oil: Lucas Break-In Oil
- Total Timing Specs: 32 Degrees @ 2500 RPM
- Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
- Header Recommendation: 1″ 3/4
*All Parts are subject to change due to availability. Substituted parts are of equal quality and durability to maintain advertised performance*
Shipping rates are from $125 to $500 nationwide!
Shipping rates are all inclusive! Which means we can ship it to a freight terminal for pick-up, business, your installer, or your house for the same price… AND we offer pallet jack and liftgate services that’s included in the price already!
If your state is listed above then you are eligible for a core exchange! Core charge/deposit is $300.00 on top of the engine price.
- Core freight is FREE for eligible customers in these states: CA, NV, WA, MT, ID
- Core is picked up AFTER engine is delivered (not at the same time).
- You have 6 months to return your core after the engine is delivered
- Core instructions will be emailed to you after purchase
- Must be a 350 engine newer than year 1987 (2 or 4 bolt is fine)
- Yes, you may keep your core! Most customers do and just pay the core fee upfront.
- Core checks are sent within 90 days after core is mailed off
What is a core?
A core is an old engine. It constists of the block, heads, crankshaft, and connecting rods.
For optimum service and purchase accuracy all quotes and orders are completed by phone. You can reach by phone at 1-888-957-5454 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
How do they work? Heads are like the lungs of your engine, it’s the part that breathes. Cast iron cylinder heads sit on top of pistons and flow air into the engine. Aluminum heads are able to do this more efficiently.
Why aluminum heads? Cast irons heads are weaker under heat causing them to potentially crack over time. Not only that, but they valvetrain is at risk because cast iron flaws compromise the valvetrain. Aluminum heads are lighter and allow the engine to run cooler. They have a stronger design that allows better precision for proper valvetrain alignment. Essentially, they’re more reliable, more efficient and improve engine performance.
Many people don’t understand the real reason why aluminum heads are a better deal. Most assume it’s solely for more horsepower, but really what you’re doing is protecting your investment. In the long run, the cost is a couple hundred bucks higher, but you’ll save money in the end and have piece of mind that you’re engine is performing at its optimal ability.
Our nationwide warranty for the chevy 350 engine is a whopping 5 years or 50,000 miles. Why? Because we take pride in the engines we build knowing they are our best when they leave here. We use a common-sense and personable approach getting you back on the road as quickly as possible if anything were to happen.
- Covers all manufacture defects
- Includes self-installation
- Includes labor to pro mechanics for repairs at $75/hour up to $850
- Includes all parts
- Includes leaks up to 90 days after start-up
- No returns on any performance engine whatsoever once it’s shipped.
- 25% cancellation fee prior to engine being shipping. This initiates after a credit card transaction is processed.
- Premium paint jobs and Serpentine Kit add-ons are non-refundable.
- Freight is non-refundable.
Browse our picture gallery of some engines to collect ideas for your next small block Chevy engine! We’ve also added a new photo gallery under the ‘About Us’ section above. We’ve given each photo a specific number in case you like what you see. Reference the number to us and we’ll tell you the price for the style you like!