Smart consumers do business with West Coast Engines because they get more VALUE for their money. We put more research & development into our engines, bigger warranties, better quality parts, better machining and balancing, higher quality control than anyone in the industry when it comes to street performance. We offer what high-end engine builders offer at an affordable price, make the buying and delivery process EASY, and give you the best service possible. Our motto is “do it once, do it right.”
Also, no racing engines here! We build reliable street-firendly engines for your everyday Joe who wants to take their hot rod for a cruise on the weekends and have some fun!
ABOUT THIS ENGINE | THE “MAVERICK”
What does this engine have to do with Tom Cruise and Top Gun? Nothing… and yet everything at the same time! All jokes aside, we are headquartered in San Diego and a few of our engines are named after the Top Gun movie pilots. We thought “Maverick” was fitting for this engine because it’s an underdog with some bite!
Let’s talk about the engine! To kick things off we have we have a brand new set of high output vortec cyclinder heads. These aftermarket heads have a thicker casting which make them stronger and more capable of performance and durability. They also flow better than conventional cast-iron heads so you can get that extra performance and sound with these. The lopey sounding COMP Cams camshaft is a hydraulic roller and is part number 08-422-8. This cam works well with power brakes and low RPM daily driving. RPM range is 1800-5500.
The bottom half of the engine has an iron crankshaft, GM forged rods with high strength rod bolts, performance tri-metal bearings, Keith Black pistons paired with Hastings rings. Weiand aluminum intake with a 670 Street Avenger Holley carburetor and Holley fuel rail. Get your fuel injection upgrade with a Holley Sniper EFI system! MSD Street-Fire HEI Distributor with MSD wires with some BOSCH spark plugs.
Every engine is machined, balanced, and blueprinted at our factory to ensure it meets our high standards. With a Drop-it-in-and-Go package we will hot run or dyno your engine for up to 1 hour with all your equipment installed so we can break-in your engine AND ensure all parts are working up to standard with no leaks or defects.
For the do-it-yourself customers who already have their own parts to install.
- **FULLY ASSEMBLED**
- 5 Year/Unlimited Mile Warranty
- Complete Long Block Assembly with Vortec Iron Cylinder Heads Installed
- Brass Freeze Plugs
- HD Roller Timing
- Spin Tested
- Gasket Kit for Installation
- Melling Oil Pump
- 5 QT CFR Racing Oil Pan
- Windage Tray
- Chrome Valve Covers
- Timing Cover
- 8″ Summit Racing Balancer
- Custom Paint Job
- GM Dipstick
- Flexplate (or Flwheel for $100)
- 5 Year/50,000 Mile Warranty
Equipped with all your major components for an easy install. Just add your starter, alternator, and fuel pump to fire it up!
- In Addition to Base Package…
- Weiand Aluminum Intake Manifold
- 670 Holley Street Avenger Carburetor
- Holley Fuel Rail
- Summit Racing HEI Distributor
- MSD 8mm Wires
- Wire Separators
- Autolite 104 Spark Plugs
- Water Pump Pulley
- Crankshaft Pulley
- Water Pump
- 180 Degree Thermostat
- Water Neck
- GM Dipstick
100% fully equipped for an easy installation. The most complete custom 350 engine in the industry.
Photo above is example with optional intake, valve cover, and air cleaner uprades (see add-ons).
- In Addition to Turnkey Package…
- Live Dyno Tested and Broken-In
- High Flow Aluminum Water Pump
- 140 Amp 1-Wire CS130 Alternator
- AC Compressor
- AC Compressor Clutch Cover
- Aluminum GM Type II Power Steering Pump
- Remote Mount Reservoir with Bracket
- Gates Premium Green Strip 8 Rib Belt
- Water Pump Pulley & Cover
- Crank Pulley
- Crank Pulley Spacer
- Alternator Pulley & Cover
- Power Steering Pulley
- One Piece Billet Aluminum Bracket
- Universal Alternator Fan
- Holley Mechanical Fuel Pump
- Fully Assembled and Installed Serpentine System (Available in Black or Polished Aluminum)
- 140 Amp Chrome 1-Wire CS130 Alternator
- Powermaster 9100 Starter
- 8 Rib Serpentine Pulleys CNC Machined from 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Gates Spring Loaded Tensioner CNC Machined in USA All Hardware Included
Here you can see the 350 small block engine specs, shipping info, and more! Instant quotes: (888) 957-5454
- 350 Small Block Engine specs
- How to Order
- Why We Customize
- VS. Competition
- What Does This Engine Fit?
- Our 350 Small Block
- Why Choose The Maverick?
- What Is A Small Block?
- About Our Company
- Cancel & Return Policy
- The West Coast Motto
- Watch What Our Customers Think
- Horsepower: 400
- Torque: 400 lbs
- Gas: 91 Octane (Premium Gas)
- Max RPM: Idle to 5200 RPM
- Stall Recommended: 2300
- Crankshaft: Iron
- Cylinder Heads: Vortec Cast-Iron
- Cylinder Head Gasket: Fel-Pro
- Cylinder Head Bolts: Elgin
- Valve Springs: Pioneer
- Lifters: Elgin HL-2148
- Valve Size: 1.94/1.60
- Camshaft: COMP Cams (08-422-8)
- Camshaft Lift: .502”
- Camshaft Duration: 218° Int / 224° Exh. @ .050” Lift
- Camshaft Lobe Separation: 110
- Push Rods: Elgin PR-373
- Rockers: Proform Stamped Steel
- Rocker Arm Nut: Pioneer RM-341-100
- Rocker Arm Ball: Pioneer RM 342-100
- Rocker Arm Stud: Pioneer
- Intake Manifold: Weiand 8121 (Aluminum)
- Pistons: Federal Mogul (Hypereutectic)
- Piston Rings: Federal Mogul (Moly)
- Connecting Rods: GM Forged Powder Metal
- Timing Set: Melling (HD Roller)
- Bearings: KING HP Series (Tri-Metal Performance)
- Carburetor: Holley Street-Avenger (670 CFM)
- Carburetor Mounting Gaskets: Edelbrock
- Fuel Rail: Holley
- Balancer: Pioneer (8″)
- Distributor: Summit Racing (HEI)
- Wires: MSD (8mm)
- Spark Plugs: Autolite
- Pulleys: Spectre / CVF Racing
- Water Pump: GMB (Long or Short Available)
- Thermostat: 180 Degrees
- Gasket Set: Included (Fel-Pro/Victor Reinz)
- Oil Pan: Engine Quest (5 TQ)
- Oil Pan Gasket Set: Mahle (Molded Rubber Compound)
- Oil Pump: Melling (M-55)
- Dipstick Tub & Stick: GM
- Flywheel/Flexplate: Pioneer (153 or 168 Tooth)
- Core: $300.00
- Total Timing Specs: 32 Degrees @ 2500 RPM
- Compression Ratio: 10:1
- Header Recommendation: 1″ 5/8
- Fuel Pump: Holley 12-834
*All Parts are subject to change due to availability. Substituted parts are of equal quality and durability to maintain advertised performance*
If your state is listed above then you are eligible for a core exchange! Core charge/deposit is $275.00 on top of the engine price.
- Core freight is FREE for eligible customers in these states: CA, NV, WA, MT, ID
- Core is picked up AFTER engine is delivered (not at the same time).
- You have 6 months to return your core after the engine is delivered
- Core instructions will be emailed to you after purchase
- Must be a 350 engine newer than year 1987 (2 or 4 bolt is fine)
- Yes, you may keep your core! Most customers do and just pay the core fee upfront.
- Core checks are sent within 90 days after core is mailed off
What is a core?
A core is an old engine. It constists of the block, heads, crankshaft, and connecting rods.
Here at West Coast Engines your engine is fully customized and built-to-order in just a few weeks. This allows us to accommodate the right oil pan, flywheel, engine color, intake manifold, smog equipment, or anything else that may be important to you! We can also customize the packages if you already have a carburetor or an ignition system and simply deduct it from your order. That way when the engine arrives it’s a QUALITY product that LOOKS, SOUNDS, and PERFORMS the way you want it, making every dollar spent worth the investment.
Absolutely! We can ship right to your doorstep. The delivery driver will lower the engine from the truck with a liftgate and put it right in your garage with a pallet jack.
Do you ship internationally?
We accept international sales but the shipping outside of the USA is handled by the customer.
Can I pick it up?
For insurance purposes these engines must be delivered to you. These are big 500 lbs engines and we want a professional freight company to handle it with care to protect your investment.
How do I order?
Call us at 1-888-410-7468. We are open 9-5pm PST.
Do I have to pay upfront?
We require 50% down to get an order started and collect the remaining balance when the engine is complete and ready to ship.
- International Scout
- El Camino
- Bel Air
- Covers all manufacture defects
- Includes self-installation
- Includes labor to pro mechanics for repairs at $75/hour up to $850
- Includes all parts
- Includes leaks up to 90 days after start-up
- No returns on any performance engine whatsoever once it’s shipped.
- 25% cancellation fee prior to engine being shipping. This initiates after a credit card transaction is processed.
- Premium paint jobs and Serpentine Kit add-ons are non-refundable.
- Freight is non-refundable.
No matter if this is your first rodeo or a pro mechanic, we help to make your job easy. Give us a call today for an instant quote!
See what other “Maverick” 350 engine customers have to say about their experience!
Click here to watch what Darryll Goodman had to say about the Maverick.
“Started researching new motors. Went through all the big guys.
Discovered Brady at West Coast Engines… was a little hesitant at first
but he proved himself to be a rightcheous business man.
Provided everything he said and service was amazing.
Everything came on time. Easy to put in, a friend and I did it, backed it up with a 700R4…
the engine is amazing, no issues, very smooth, I’m happy, and everyone
I know is amazed with it, even my mechanic!” – Darryll Goodman