CHEVY 350 CRATE ENGINE
WHAT IS THE HUM BABY?
Our “Hum Baby” Chevy 350 crate engine is our best-selling street-friendly engine for daily driving due to it’s dependability and price point. It was nicknamed the “Hum Baby” from a TV star hot rod mechanic who said it was the smoothest running rebuilt Chevy 350 crate engine he’d ever installed. He said, “This thing just hums! You should call it the ‘Hum Baby'”… and so we did!
WHY THIS CHEVY 350 CRATE ENGINE?
It has an RV roller cam with a little bit of a lopey sound. It has plenty of vacuum and works with power brakes, A/C, and power steering. It runs on 87 regular unleaded gas so you can fill it up at any gas station in the USA. It has 350 HP and 400 TQ. Our turnkey and drop-in packages include dyno testing where your engine is broken-in for you. We include a 5 year/50,000 mile nationwide warranty that has parts and labor. You get a FREE custom paint color with your purchase and a choice of black, chrome, or aftermarket valve covers. See the cosmetic and upgrade options at the bottom of this page under “add-ons”. For a Chevy 350 crate engine that is street-friendly and a smooth, reliable, and durable we think our “Hum Baby” is the best option for your hot rod, classic truck, or muscle car!
- 350 Horsepower
- 400 Torque
- Built for Street Driving
- Runs on 87 Regular Gas
- Works with Air Conditioning
- Works with Power Brakes
- 5 Year/50,000 Mile Warranty
- Shipping Available Anywhere in USA
- Build Time is Up to 5 Weeks
We don’t cut corners on any Chevy 350 crate engine build. You’ll be getting the best blocks with that are equipped with features like Melling roller cams, COMP Cam roller hydraulic lifters, Federal Mogul flat top pistons, Vortec heads, ARP studs, Weiand aluminum intakes, Holley Street Avenger carburetors, MSD wires, and the list goes on. All engines are internally balanced down to 2 grams and blueprinted with precision having the latest technology. Very few engine manufactures are left in this industry that put Chevy 350 crate engine builds together like we do.
ATTENTION TO DETAIL
Here at West Coast Engines our motto is “do it once, do it right”. Pay a little more and do it right the first time around. 18% of our business is from customers who decided to save a few hundred bucks and buy a Chevy 350 crate engine on eBay or a big retailer only to get burned. Because when you do business with us there’s more care involved.
- We do all orders and quotes by phone to ensure you are on the right engine for your lifestyle
- We use quality name brand parts such as Fel-Pro, Edelbrock, Holley, Weiand, Federal Mogul, and Melling
- Your engine is custom hand-made to ensure it fits and works with your vehicle, transmission, and other accessories
- We mix-and-match packages so you can save money and reuse parts you already have
- Turnkey and drop-in ready packages are already dyno tested with all of your equipment on it
- EFI options are available and we dyno test your engine with your EFI on it
- **FULLY ASSEMBLED**
- 5 Year/Unlimited Mile Warranty
- Complete Long Block Assembly with Vortec Iron Cylinder Heads Installed
- Brass Freeze Plugs
- HD Roller Timing
- Spin Tested
- Gasket Kit for Installation
- Melling Oil Pump
- 5 QT CFR Racing Oil Pan
- Windage Tray
- Chrome Valve Covers
- Timing Cover
- 8″ Summit Racing Balancer
- Custom Paint Job
- GM Dipstick
- Flexplate (or Flwheel for $100)
- 5 Year/50,000 Mile Warranty
- In Addition to Base Package…
- **LIVE TESTING & ENGINE BREAK-IN**
- Weiand Aluminum Intake Manifold
- 670 Holley Street Avenger Carburetor
- Holley Fuel Rail
- Summit Racing HEI Distributor
- MSD 8mm Wires
- Wire Separators
- Autolite 104 Spark Plugs
- Water Pump Pulley
- Crankshaft Pulley
- Water Pump
- 180 Degree Thermostat
- Water Neck
- GM Dipstick
CALL FOR PRICING
- In Addition to Turnkey Package…
- Powermaster 9100 High Torque Mini Starter
- Holley Fuel Pump
- Fully Assembled and Installed Serpentine System (Available in Black or Polished Aluminum)
- 1 Belt Water Pump Pulley
- 2 Belt Crank Pulley
- 1 Belt Alternator Pulley
- 140 Amp GM 1 Wire Alternator
- Passenger Side Alternator Bracket
- Driver Side Power Steering Bracket
- Saginaw P Series Power Steering Pump, 5/8″ Keyway Shaft
- 1 Belt Power Steering Pulley (Keyway Style)
- ALTFAN – Universal alternator fan
- Gates 8 Rib Performance Belt
Here you can see Chevy 350 crate engine specs, shipping info, and more! Instant quotes: (888) 957-5454
- Chevy 350 Crate Engine Specs
- Core Exchange
- How to Order
- Why We Customize
- Our 350 Crate Engine
- Why Choose The Hum Baby?
- What Is A Crate Engine?
- What Does This Engine Fit?
- The West Coast Motto
- About Our Company
- Cancel & Return Policy
- Horsepower: 350
- Torque: 400 lbs
- Gas: 87 Octane (Regular Gas)
- Basic RPM Operating Range: 1,000 to 4,500 RPM
- Stall Recommended: 1800
- Crankshaft: Cast-Iron (All Radius Ground 10/10)
- Cylinder Heads: Iron Vortec
- Cylinder Head Gasket: Fel-Pro
- Cylinder Head Bolts: Elgin
- Valve Springs: Pioneer
- Lifters: Elgin HL-2148
- Valve Size: 1.94/1.60
- Camshaft: Melling 22135 (Roller Hydraulic)
- Camshaft Lift: .497”
- Camshaft Duration: 206° Int / 214° Exh. @ .050” Lift
- Camshaft Lobe Separation: 112
- Push Rods: Elgin PR-373-100
- Rockers: Elgin R-737M (1.5 Stamped Steel)
- Rocker Arm Nut: Pioneer RM-341-100
- Rocker Arm Ball: Pioneer RM 342-100
- Rocker Arm Stud: ARP
- Valve Spring: Pioneer RV-943-X-100
- Intake Manifold: Weiand 8121 (Aluminum)
- Intake Gaskets: Fel-Pro 1255
- Pistons: Federal Mogul (Hypereutectic)
- Piston Rings: Hastings (Moly)
- Connecting Rods: GM Forged
- Timing Set: Melling 3-202SA (HD Roller)
- Main Bearings: Sealed Power 4663MA (Tri-Metal Performance)
- Carburetor: Holley Street-Avenger 670 CFM (Vacuum Secondary/Electric Choke)
- Carburetor Mounting Gaskets: Edelbrock 9265
- Fuel Rail: Holley Performance
- Balancer: Summit Racing Pro Street (8″)
- Distributor: Summit Racing (HEI)
- Wires: MSD (8mm)
- Spark Plugs: Autolite 104
- Pulleys: Spectre / CVF Racing
- Water Pump: GMB (Long or Short Available)
- Thermostat: OE 180 Degrees
- Shaft Intermediate: Melling IS-55E
- Oil Pan: CFR Racing HZ-9414-PBK (5 TQ w/ Windage Tray)
- Oil Pan Gasket Set: Mahle (Molded Rubber Compound)
- Oil Pump: Melling M-55
- Oil Pressure Switch: Summit Racing SMP-PS12
- Dipstick Tub & Stick: GM
- Flywheel/Flexplate: Pioneer (153 or 168 Tooth)
- Bolts: Pioneer S11-34
- Starter: Powermaster High Torque Mini 9100
- Pulleys and Serpentine Systems: CVF Racing
- Fuel Pump: Holley Performance
- Core: $300.00
- Total Timing Specs: 32 Degrees @ 2500 RPM
- Compression Ratio: 9:1
- Header Recommendation: 1″ 5/8
*All Parts are subject to change due to availability. Substituted parts are of this Chevy 350 Crate Engine equal quality and durability to maintain advertised performance.*
If your state is listed above then you are eligible for a core exchange! Core charge/deposit is $375.00 on top of the engine price.
- Core freight is FREE for eligible customers
- Core is picked up AFTER engine is delivered (not at the same time).
- You have 3 months to return your core after the engine is delivered
- Core instructions will be emailed to you after purchase
- Must be a 350 engine newer than year 1987 (2 or 4 bolt is fine)
- Yes, you may keep your core!
- Core checks are sent within 90 days after core is mailed off
What is a core?
A core is an old engine. It constists of the block, heads, crankshaft, and connecting rods.
HOW WEST COAST SHIPPING WORKS:
- Residential Delivery: FREE
- Business Delivery: FREE
- Applicable West Coast States: California, Oregon, Washington
HOW NATIONWIDE SHIPPING WORKS:
- Business Delivery With Lift Gate & Pallet Jack Services: $200.00
- Residential Delivery With Lift Gate & Pallet Jack Services: $300.00
Here at West Coast Engines your engine is fully customized and built-to-order in just a few weeks. This allows us to accommodate the right oil pan, flywheel, engine color, intake manifold, smog equipment, or anything else that may be important to you! We can also customize the packages if you already have a carburetor or an ignition system and simply deduct it from your order. That way when the engine arrives it’s a QUALITY product that LOOKS, SOUNDS, and PERFORMS the way you want it, making every dollar spent worth the investment.
Absolutely! We can ship right to your doorstep. The delivery driver will lower the engine from the truck with a liftgate and put it right in your garage with a pallet jack.
I’m not on the West Coast, can I still buy from you?
OF COURSE! 65% of our business is done outside of California. We can ship our engines direct to your door or to your mechanic in all 49 states.
How long does it take to receive my engine?
To build the engine it takes 2-4 weeks. When the engine is complete we will call you to make sure that you’re available to receive delivery and to confirm all shipping information. Once it ships, it takes 2-10 business days!
Do you ship internationally?
We accept international sales but the shipping outside of the USA is handled by the customer.
Can I pick it up?
For insurance purposes these engines must be delivered to you. These are big 500 lbs engines and we want a professional freight company to handle it with care to protect your investment.
How do I order?
Call us at 1-888-957-5454. We are open 9-5pm PST.
Do I have to pay upfront?
We require 50% down to get an order started and collect the remaining balance when the engine is complete and ready to ship.
Do I still get the 5 year warranty if I install it myself?
Absolutely! After you complete your installation, have a professional mechanic assist you with your warranty paperwork, double-check all your work and sign it off. It’s always good to protect your investment!
Do I receive any instructions with my engine?
Yes! We have an engine break-in guide that will go over subjects such as oil filter recommendations, oil recommendations, where the timing needs to be set at, and other important information to help you with installation and maintenance.
When it comes to choose a 350 crate engine it’s hard to make the right decision. Have you done enough research? Are you making a smart investment? The search can be endless, but we work to make it easy. Find a company that knows what they’re doing and takes the time to help you understand. What you should know before buying a cheap engine.
- International Scout
- El Camino
- Bel Air
No matter if this is your first rodeo or a pro mechanic, we help to make your job easy. Give us a call today for an instant quote!
- Covers all manufacture defects
- Includes self-installation
- Includes labor to pro mechanics for repairs at $75/hour up to $850
- Includes all parts
- Includes leaks up to 90 days after start-up
- No returns on any performance engine whatsoever once it’s shipped.
- 25% cancellation fee prior to engine being shipping. This initiates after a credit card transaction is processed.
- Premium paint jobs and Serpentine Kit add-ons are non-refundable.
- Freight is non-refundable.