5.3 CRATE ENGINE WITH REAL POWER
Upgrade your 1999-2007 GM full size truck to 400 HP with our performance 5.3 crate engine! This build features a COMP Cams® performance camshaft giving providing more sound and performance between 1,800-6,500. What makes this engine different is that it’s a 50 state smog legal setup and no tune is required! It works with your factory computer settings and factory injectors. This cam is provides high torque numbers in low RPM’s which makes it a great option for towing!
Take Chevrolet or GMC your vehicle to the next level with smog legal performance that’s plug-in-and-play!
- 400 Horsepower
- 390 Torque
- Runs on Premium Gas
- No Tune Required
- 50 State Smog Legal
- Made in America
- Includes a 5 Year/50,000 Mile Warranty
WHAT SEPARATES US?
- Work with pro mechanics on the phones, not just order-taking salespeople.
- No chip necessary! Compatible with your factory ECU.
- Name brand parts such as Scat, Elgin, Melling, Fel-Pro, and Silv-O-Lite.
- Big 5 year/50,000 mile warranties that include parts and labor, covered world-wide, and covers self-installs.
- Spin tested and all valves pre-adjusted for you.
- Shipping nationwide including liftgate and pallet jack service to residential deliveries.
WHAT THIS 5.3 CRATE ENGINE FITS?
GM full size trucks and SUV’s from 1999 to 2007 that originally came with a 5.3. 8th character of the VIN must be a “T”.
WHAT MODS ARE NECESSARY?
No modifications are required on this build! Use your factory intake, injectors, no computer reflash required either.
LONG BLOCK PACKAGE
- **FULLY ASSEMBLED**
- 5 Year/50,000 Mile Warranty
- Short Block Assembly
- Fully-Loaded Cylinder
- Brass Freeze Plugs
- Melling Timing
- Spin Tested
- Fel-Pro Gasket Kit
- Melling Oil Pump
- Lucas Oil Included
- What Makes Us Different?
- Engine Specs
- How Does Shipping Work?
- How Do I Order?
- Cancel & Return Policy
A factory-replacement 5.3 crate engine from major suppliers is around $3,200-$3,800. These engines come factory with 315-345 horsepower and many consumers install a cam in them to gain that extra 30-40 HP. But you LOSE your warranty! Most performance crate engines out on the market with a cam require tuning and injectors… and it does NOT pass smog. What if you could have a SMOG LEGAL setup, with a PERFORMANCE CAM FROM COMP CAMS, and a 5 YEAR/50,000 MILE WARRANTY INCLUDED!?
So if your engine is pulled out and you need a new one, spend a few hundred bucks more and get some RELIABLE, STREET-LEGAL PERFORMANCE!
- Horsepower: 400 HP
- Torque: 390 ft.-lbs
- OE LM7/5.3L cast iron
- Bore/Stroke: 3.800 in. x 3.622 in.
- Size: 5.3L
- Crank: OE GM 24-tooth reluctor wheel
- Rods: Stock GM
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Pistons: Hypereutectic
- Rings: Moly
- Internally balanced
Cylinder Head Information:
- Cylinder Heads: OE aluminum (Either 799 or 243 castings)
- Combustion Chamber: 64 cc
- Valve Size: 2.000 in. Intake / 1.550 in. Exhaust
- Rocker Arms: Powdered metal roller rockers 1.6 ratio with C-clip upgrade retainer
- Camshaft: COMP Cams Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft Duration @ .050 in.: Intake 210 / Exhaust 218
- Camshaft Lift: Intake .541 in. / Exhaust .541 in.
- Lobe Separation Angle: 118
- CARB EO Number: D-279-12
*Peak engine performance was measured on dyno with carburetor and aftermarket performance intake. HP/TQ may vary with modern fuel injection and vehicle setup (exhaust/intake/etc). For optimum performance a chip or tune is encouraged but not required. HP/TQ numbers are measured for optimum condition and rated at the crankshaft (BHP).
Shipping rates are from $125 to $500 nationwide!
Shipping rates are all inclusive! Which means we can ship it to a freight terminal for pick-up, business, your installer, or your house for the same price… AND we offer pallet jack and liftgate services that’s included in the price already!
All quotes and orders are completed by phone. You can reach by phone at 619-458-1441 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Core charge/deposit is $400.00 on top of the engine price. If you’re local within the Washington state area where our plant is you’re eligible for a core exchange.
- Core is picked up AFTER engine is delivered (not at the same time).
- You have 6 months to return your core after the engine is delivered
- Core instructions will be emailed to you after purchase
- Must be a 5.3
- Yes, you may keep your core! Most customers do and just pay the core fee upfront.
- Core checks are sent within 90 days after core is mailed off
What is a core?
A core is an old engine. It constists of the block, heads, crankshaft, and connecting rods.
Our nationwide warranty for the Chevy 5.3 crate engine is a whopping 5 years and 50,000 miles!! Why? Because we take pride in the engines we build knowing they are our best when they leave here. We use a common-sense and personable approach getting you back on the road as quickly as possible if anything were to happen.
- Covers all manufacture defects
- Includes self-installation
- Includes labor to pro mechanics for repairs at $75/hour up to $450
- Includes all parts
- No returns/refunds on any performance engine whatsoever once it’s shipped or 100% fully built.
- 25% cancellation fee prior to engine being shipping. This initiates after a credit card transaction is processed.
- Premium paint jobs, special requests, and serpentine kit add-ons are non-refundable.
- Freight is non-refundable.
Email Us Now!
Let us know what you are working on and how we can help you!
“I have talked to customer service at West Coast Engines about buying a 5.3 crate engine to replace the one in my 2000 Chevy Silverado. The customer service has been great. Highly informational. If you interested in buying a new engine, I highly recommend that you check them out first.”