ABOUT THIS ENGINE | “THE WISE GUY” 383 STROKER
Starting on the top-end we have Vortec cast-iron heads. The lopey sounding COMP Cams Xtreme Energy camshaft that is a hydraulic roller and works with power brakes. Elgin Industries supplies our self-adjusting steel roller rockers with ARP studs and a COMP Cams valve train.
The bottom-end has a Scat 9000 steel crankshaft rated up to 500 HP, GM forged rods, ARP rod bolts, and a Keith Black pistons with a Hastings rings.
On top of the engine is an Performer RPM Edelbrock intake with a 670 Street Avenger Holley carburetor on top. Get your fuel injection upgrade with a Holley Sniper EFI system! MSD Street-Fire HEI Distributor with MSD wires with some BOSCH spark plugs.
Every engine is machined, balanced, and blueprinted at our factory to ensure it meets our high standards. With a Turnkey or Drop-it-in-and-Go package we will hot run or dyno your engine for up to 1 hour with all your equipment installed so we can break-in your engine AND ensure all parts are working up to standard with no leaks or defects.
For more specs scroll down to the “MORE INFO” section.
For the do-it-yourself customers who already have their own parts to install.
- **FULLY ASSEMBLED & SPIN TESTED**
- 5 Year/50,000 Mile Warranty
- 6 Quarts of Lucas Break-In Oil
- Vortec Cast Iron Cylinder Heads Installed
- Brass Freeze Plugs
- GM Dipstick
- Fel-Pro Gasket Kit for Installation
- Melling Oil Pump
- Oil Pan w/ Windage Tray
- Flexplate Bolts
- Chrome Breather
- BOSCH Spark Plugs
- Timing Cover
- Chrome Valve Covers
- Summit Racing 8″ Balancer
- FREE Custom Paint Job (16 Colors Available)
Call For Pricing
Fully dressed for an easy install. Bolt on a starter, fuel pump, alternator and she’s ready to fire-up!
- In Addition to the Base Package…
- **LIVE TESTED & BREAK-IN 100% COMPLETE**
- Weiand 8121 Aluminum Intake
- Holley 670 Street Avenger Carburetor
- Holley Fuel Rail
- HEI MSD Distributor
- MSD 8mm Wires
- Hold Down Clamp
- Wire Separaters
- Thermostat Housing
- Water Pump (Long, Short, or Serpentine Available)
- Crankshaft Pulley
- Water Pump Pulley
Call For Pricing
#1 best-selling package 100% fully loaded with AC, power steering, alternator, starter, fuel pump and that wicked serpentine system available in black or polished aluminum. Have us do the work for you!!
- In Addition to Turnkey Package…
- High Flow Aluminum Water Pump
- 140 Amp 1-Wire CS130 Alternator
- AC Compressor
- AC Compressor Clutch Cover
- Aluminum GM Type II Power Steering Pump
- Remote Mount Reservoir with Bracket
- Gates Premium Green Strip 8 Rib Belt
- Water Pump Pulley & Cover
- Crank Pulley
- Crank Pulley Spacer
- Alternator Pulley & Cover
- Power Steering Pulley
- One Piece Billet Aluminum Bracket
- Universal Alternator Fan
- Holley Mechanical Fuel Pump
- Fully Assembled and Installed Serpentine System (Available in Black or Polished Aluminum)
- 140 Amp Chrome 1-Wire CS130 Alternator
- Powermaster 9100 Starter
- 8 Rib Serpentine Pulleys CNC Machined from 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Gates Spring Loaded Tensioner CNC Machined in USA All Hardware Included
Here you can see you 383 crate engine specs, shipping info, and more! Instant quotes: (888) 957-5454
- Engine specs
- Why We Customize
- How to Order
- About Our Company
- Cancel & Return Policy
- Horsepower: 405
- Torque: 437 lbs
- Gas: 91 Octane (Premium)
- Max RPM: 5200 RPM
- Stall Recommended: 2300
- Crankshaft: Scat 9103750L (Steel)
- Cylinder Heads: Vortec (Cast-Iron)
- Cylinder Head Gasket: Fel-Pro
- Cylinder Head Bolts: Elgin
- Valve Springs: Pioneer
- Lifters: COMP Cams
- Valve Size: 1.94/1.60
- Camshaft: COMP Cams 08-422-8 (Roller)
- Camshaft Lift: .502”
- Camshaft Duration: 218° Int / 224° Exh. @ .050” Lift
- Camshaft Lobe Separation: 112
- Vacuum at Idle: 17″
- Push Rods: Elgin PR-373
- Rockers: Elgin (1.6 Stamped Steel) R-737M
- Rocker Arm Nut: Pioneer RM-341-100
- Rocker Arm Ball: Pioneer RM 342-100
- Rocker Arm Stud: Pioneer
- Intake Manifold: Weiand 8121 (Aluminum)
- Pistons: Keith Black (Hypereutectic)
- Piston Rings: Hastings (Moly)
- Connecting Rods: GM Forged Powder Metal
- Timing Set: Melling 3-202SA (HD Roller)
- Bearings: KING HP Series (Tri-Metal Performance)
- Carburetor: Holley (670 CFM)
- Carburetor Mounting Gaskets: Edelbrock
- Fuel Rail: Holley
- Balancer: Summit Racing Pro Street 161400 (8″)
- Distributor: MSD (HEI)
- Wires: MSD (8mm)
- Spark Plugs: BOSCH
- Pulleys: CVF Racing
- Water Pump: Mr. Gasket
- Thermostat: 180 Degrees
- Gasket Set: Fel-Pro
- Oil Pan: Summit Racing (5 TQ)
- Oil Pan Gasket Set: Mahle (Molded Rubber Compound)
- Oil Pump: Melling (M-55)
- Dipstick Tub & Stick: GM
- Flywheel/Flexplate: Pioneer (153 or 168 Tooth)
- Total Timing Specs: 32 Degrees @ 2500 RPM
- Compression Ratio: 10:1
- Header Primary Recommendation: 1″ 5/8 to 1″ 3/4
*All Parts are subject to change due to availability. Substituted parts are of equal quality and durability to maintain advertised performance*
We offer FREE SHIPPING on the west coast (CA, OR, WA) and all other states range from $200-$400. Call or email us for pricing.
Here at West Coast Engines your engine is fully customized and built-to-order in just a few weeks. This allows us to accommodate the right oil pan, flywheel, engine color, intake manifold, smog equipment, or anything else that may be important to you! We can also customize the packages if you already have a carburetor or an ignition system and simply deduct it from your order. That way when the engine arrives it’s a QUALITY product that LOOKS, SOUNDS, and PERFORMS the way you want it, making every dollar spent worth the investment.
For optimum service and purchase accuracy all quotes and orders are completed by phone. You can reach by phone at 1-888-957-5454 or email at email@example.com!
Can you ship to my house?
Absolutely! We can ship right to your doorstep. The delivery driver will lower the engine from the truck with a liftgate and put it right in your garage with a pallet jack.
Do you ship internationally?
We accept international sales but the shipping outside of the USA is handled by the customer.
Can I pick it up?
For insurance purposes these engines must be delivered to you. These are big 500 lbs engines and we want a professional freight company to handle it with care to protect your investment.
How do I order?
Call us at 1-888-957-5454. We are open 9-5pm PST.
Do I have to pay upfront?
We require 50% down to get an order started and collect the remaining balance when the engine is complete and ready to ship.
Our nationwide warranty for the 383 crate engine is a whopping 5 years and 50,000 miles. Why? Because we take pride in the engines we build knowing they are our best when they leave here. We use a common-sense and personable approach getting you back on the road as quickly as possible if anything were to happen.
- Covers all manufacture defects
- Includes self-installation
- Includes all parts
- Includes leaks up to 90 days after start-up
- No returns on any performance engine whatsoever once it’s shipped.
- 25% cancellation fee prior to engine being shipped. This initiates after a credit card transaction is processed.
- Premium paint jobs and Serpentine Kit add-ons are non-refundable.
- Freight is non-refundable.
If your state is listed above then you are eligible for a core exchange! Core charge/deposit is $275.00 on top of the engine price.
- Core freight is FREE for eligible customers in these states: CA, NV, WA, MT, ID
- Core is picked up AFTER engine is delivered (not at the same time).
- You have 6 months to return your core after the engine is delivered
- Core instructions will be emailed to you after purchase
- Must be a 350 engine newer than year 1987 (2 or 4 bolt is fine)
- Yes, you may keep your core! Most customers do and just pay the core fee upfront.
- Core checks are sent within 90 days after core is mailed off
What is a core?
A core is an old engine. It constists of the block, heads, crankshaft, and connecting rods.
Browse our picture gallery of some engines to collect ideas for your next small block Chevy engine! We’ve also added a new photo gallery under the ‘About Us’ section above. We’ve given each photo a specific number in case you like what you see. Reference the number to us and we’ll tell you the price for the style you like!
“This engine has so much more performance and fuel economy it’s unbelieable. They were extremely helpful and the engine builder was so knowledgable. Was a great experience and I would do it 100x over! I was referred to West Coast Engines by a mechanic buddy of mine that has been in car racing for 30 years. He’s been doing business with Brady for hot rod engines for years. Anyone that’s interested in performance engines that are street friendly and run on regular gas this is your place.”
“I bought my stage 5 engine from West Coast Engines and I could not be happier with my decision. It is the perfect setup for my 56 Chevy truck. After weeks of research and several conversations with Brady, I determined that he was the most informed and knowledgeable person that I spoke to in my search for the right powertrain for my truck. I recommend anyone who is building a car or truck that wants the peace of mind that goes with having a full warranty on a bad ass engine, to call the guys at West Coast Engines you will not be disappointed!”