THE CALIFORNIA CRUISER
The California Cruiser is our 383 stroker crate engine that’s perfect for everyday practicality. This baby is a smooth engine that produces plenty of vacuum for your power brakes and air conditioning. It’s great for everyday driving, towing, or when you feel like having a little fun. Our 383 stroker comes equipped with quality, name brand parts that separates us from the other guys, providing you with the durability your engine needs!
The Lopey Sound Scale (1-10) for The California Cruiser: 3
Fun Fact: Flat tappet cams use only oil pressure between the lifter and camshaft for functionality. This causes lack of performance and liability to your valvetrain which causes future problems and doesn’t last long. Hydraulic roller cams are a newer camshaft technology that prevents friction, allows more performance and improves the efficiency for the entire engine.
Are you going to be the guy that uses a flat tappet cam on your 383 stroker? I think not. You’ll thank us later.
THIS ENGINE’S PERFECT FOR
This engine’s perfect for someone who enjoys a smooth and durable engine with a not-so-lopey cam. Do you have things to tow and places to go? Don’t we all?! This is a great engine for people who enjoy a long-distance drive, towing the big kid toys you love to use, or if you just want a reliable engine for all your daily duties. Our 383 stroker crate engine is meant for those who just want to get the job done, especially before dinner. Don’t wanna piss the wife off, do you?
WHY CHOOSE OUR 383 STROKER?
What makes our 383 stroker crate engine better than the competition? We use hydraulic roller cams, roller lifters and scat steel cranks, all of which make the engine tougher and longer-lasting. Not just that, but we offer a 5 year/50,000-mile warranty covering all manufacture defects including parts and labor, the best in the business! We take pride in building the best small block Chevy engines in the industry and have been for years.
THE WEST COAST MOTTO
From celebrities, knowledgeable mechanics to your regular Joe’s – our reputation says it all. We strive for the best engines and happy customers! All engines come with name brand parts, built in USA with customized packages tailored to your style (mix n’ match your parts and colors).
No matter if this is your first rodeo or a pro mechanic, we help to make your job easy. Give us a call today for an instant quote!
- 350 HORSEPOWER
- 420 TORQUE
- DURABLE NAME BRAND PARTS
- ROLLER CAM
- EASY TO INSTALL
- 87 REGULAR GAS
- WORKS WITH POWER BRAKES
- RELIABLE FOR DAILY DRIVING
- MADE IN USA
- 5 YEAR WARRANTY
For the do-it-yourself customers who already have their own parts to install.
- **FULLY ASSEMBLED & SPIN TESTED**
- 5 Year/50,000 Mile Warranty
- 6 Quarts of Lucas Break-In Oil
- Vortec Cast Iron Cylinder Heads Installed
- Brass Freeze Plugs
- GM Dipstick
- Fel-Pro Gasket Kit for Installation
- Melling Oil Pump
- Oil Pan w/ Windage Tray
- Chrome Breather
- BOSCH Spark Plugs
- Timing Cover
- Chrome Valve Covers
- Summit Racing 8″ Balancer
- FREE Custom Paint Job (16 Colors Available)
- In Addition to the Base Package…
- **LIVE TESTED & BREAK-IN 100% COMPLETE**
- Weiand 8121 Aluminum Intake
- Holley 670 Street Avenger Carburetor
- Holley Fuel Rail
- MSD HEI Distributor
- MSD 8mm Wires
- Hold Down Clamp
- Wire Separaters
- Thermostat Housing
- Water Pump (Long, Short, or Serpentine Available)
- Crankshaft Pulley
- Water Pump Pulley
Our #1 best-selling package fully loaded with AC, power steering, alternator, fuel pump, starter, and that sweet serpentine front drive system ready to install! Let us do the work for you!!
- In Addition to Turnkey Package…
- High Flow Aluminum Water Pump
- 140 Amp 1-Wire CS130 Alternator
- AC Compressor
- AC Compressor Clutch Cover
- Aluminum GM Type II Power Steering Pump
- Remote Mount Reservoir with Bracket
- Gates Premium Green Strip 8 Rib Belt
- Water Pump Pulley & Cover
- Crank Pulley
- Crank Pulley Spacer
- Alternator Pulley & Cover
- Power Steering Pulley
- One Piece Billet Aluminum Bracket
- Universal Alternator Fan
- Holley Mechanical Fuel Pump
- Fully Assembled and Installed Serpentine System (Available in Black or Polished Aluminum)
- 140 Amp Chrome 1-Wire CS130 Alternator
- Powermaster 9100 Starter
- 8 Rib Serpentine Pulleys CNC Machined from 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Gates Spring Loaded Tensioner CNC Machined in USA All Hardware Included
Here you can see your 383 stroker specs, shipping info, and more! Instant quotes: (888) 957-5454
- Horsepower: 350
- Torque: 420 lbs
- Gas: 87 Octane (Regular Gas)
- Max RPM: 4800 RPM
- Stall Recommended: 1800
- Crankshaft: Scat (Steel)
- Cylinder Heads: Vortec (Cast-Iron)
- Cylinder Head Gasket: Fel-Pro
- Cylinder Head Bolts: Elgin
- Valve Springs: Pioneer
- Lifters: Elgin HL-2148
- Valve Size: 1.94/1.60
- Camshaft: Melling (Roller Hydraulic)
- Camshaft Lift: .480”
- Camshaft Duration: 203° Int / 203° Exh. @ .050” Lift
- Camshaft Lobe Separation: 114
- Vacuum at Idle: 18″
- Push Rods: Elgin PR-373
- Rockers: Elgin (1.5 Stamped Steel)
- Rocker Arm Nut: Pioneer RM-341-100
- Rocker Arm Ball: Pioneer RM 342-100
- Rocker Arm Stud: ARP
- Intake Manifold: Weiand 8121 (Aluminum)
- Pistons: Federal Mogul (Hypereutectic)
- Piston Rings: Federal Mogul (Moly)
- Connecting Rods: GM Forged Powder Metal
- Timing Set: Melling (HD Roller)
- Bearings: KING HP Series (Tri-Metal Performance)
- Carburetor: Holley (670 CFM)
- Carburetor Mounting Gaskets: Edelbrock
- Fuel Rail: Holley
- Balancer: Summit Racing (8″)
- Distributor: MSD (HEI)
- Wires: MSD (8mm)
- Spark Plugs: Autolite
- Pulleys: CVF Racing
- Water Pump: CVF Racing
- Thermostat: 180 Degrees
- Gasket Set: Included (Fel-Pro/Victor Reinz)
- Oil Pan: CFR Racing (5 TQ)
- Oil Pan Gasket Set: Mahle (Molded Rubber Compound)
- Oil Pump: Melling (M-55)
- Dipstick Tub & Stick: GM
- Flywheel/Flexplate: Pioneer (153 or 168 Tooth)
- Core: $300.00
- Total Timing Specs: 32 Degrees @ 2500 RPM
- Compression Ratio: 9:1
- Header Recommendation: 1″ 5/8
*All Parts are subject to change due to availability. Substituted parts are of equal quality and durability to maintain advertised performance*
We offer FREE SHIPPING on the west coast (CA, OR, WA) and all other states range from $200-$400. Call or email us for pricing.
For optimum service and purchase accuracy all quotes and orders are completed by phone. You can reach by phone at 1-888-957-5454 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Here at West Coast Engines your engine is fully customized and built-to-order in just a few weeks. This allows us to accommodate the right oil pan, flywheel, engine color, intake manifold, smog equipment, or anything else that may be important to you! We can also customize the packages if you already have a carburetor or an ignition system and simply deduct it from your order. That way when the engine arrives it’s a QUALITY product that LOOKS, SOUNDS, and PERFORMS the way you want it, making every dollar spent worth the investment.
Our nationwide warranty for the 383 Stroker Engine is a whopping 5 years or 50,000 miles. Why? Because we take pride in the engines we build knowing they are our best when they leave here. We use a common-sense and personable approach getting you back on the road as quickly as possible if anything were to happen.
- Covers all manufacture defects
- Includes self-installation
- Includes labor to pro mechanics for repairs at $75/hour up to $850
- Includes all parts
- Includes leaks up to 90 days after start-up
- No returns on any performance engine whatsoever once it’s shipped.
- 25% cancellation fee prior to engine being shipped. This initiates after a credit card transaction is processed.
- Premium paint jobs and Serpentine Kit add-ons are non-refundable.
- Freight is non-refundable.
If your state is listed above then you are eligible for a core exchange! Core charge/deposit is $275.00 on top of the engine price.
- Core freight is FREE for eligible customers in these states: CA, NV, WA, MT, ID
- Core is picked up AFTER engine is delivered (not at the same time).
- You have 6 months to return your core after the engine is delivered
- Core instructions will be emailed to you after purchase.
- Must be a 350 engine newer than year 1987 (2 or 4 bolt is fine)
- Yes, you may keep your core! Most customers do and just pay the core fee upfront.
- Core checks are sent within 90 days after core is mailed off
What is a core?
A core is an old engine. It constists of the block, heads, crankshaft, and connecting rods.
Browse our picture gallery of some engines to collect ideas for your next small block Chevy engine! We’ve also added a new photo gallery under the ‘About Us’ section above. We’ve given each photo a specific number in case you like what you see. Reference the number to us and we’ll tell you the price for the style you like!
“This engine has so much more performance and fuel economy it’s unbelieable. They were extremely helpful and the engine builder was so knowledgable. Was a great experience and I would do it 100x over! I was referred to West Coast Engines by a mechanic buddy of mine that has been in car racing for 30 years. He’s been doing business with Brady for hot rod engines for years. Anyone that’s interested in performance engines that are street friendly and run on regular gas this is your place.”
“I bought my stage 5 engine from West Coast Engines and I could not be happier with my decision. It is the perfect setup for my 56 Chevy truck. After weeks of research and several conversations with Brady, I determined that he was the most informed and knowledgeable person that I spoke to in my search for the right powertrain for my truck. I recommend anyone who is building a car or truck that wants the peace of mind that goes with having a full warranty on a bad ass engine, to call the guys at West Coast Engines you will not be disappointed!”