383 STROKER ENGINE “THE BEAST” | 550 HP
This 383 stroker engine build is a beast, no doubt! It’s the ultimate street-and-strip machine while upholding practicality and durability for daily and long distance driving. Drive to a car meet, drive it at the track, take the wife out for dinner, drive it to work the next day… does life get any better? Autocross, road course, strip, street, offroad; you name it and it’s ready for a weekend of action and adventure. The Beast can handle all that comes its way giving you versatility, technology, and strength at its finest. It truly raises the bar in the small block Chevy industry.
383 STROKER ENGINE SPECS
A fully forged rotating assembly with a Scat forged crankshaft, ICON FHR forged pistons, and Scat forged I-Beam connecting rods.
The top-end features AFR (Air Flow Research) aluminum heads with a 210cc runner for that extra power. The camshaft is a Lunati Voodoo 20120713 with COMP Cams hydraulic roller lifters and roller rockers with ARP studs making it a true “full roller” engine.
Your “Beast” 383 stroker engine will have the best trusted name brand parts such as Edelbrock, Fel-Pro, Melling, AFR, COMP Cams, MSD, ARP and GM Performance. “The Beast” 383 stroker is available with a Holley Sniper EFI system or a 770 Holley carburetor. MSD ignition system with MSD wires and your choise of color: black or red.
All this AND it includes a 3 year/unlimited mile warranty!
For more specs scroll to the bottom and see “engine specs”
START YOUR DREAM.
We build each “beast” 383 stroker per order hand-made and spec it to your lifestyle, vehicle, and any cosmetic requests. The beauty in this is the engine fits, runs, and looks just the way you want it.
We give quotes and take orders the old-school way: over the phone. You can call us at 888-957-5454.
THE WEST COAST MOTTO.
From celebrities, knowledgeable mechanics to your average Joe’s – our reputation says it all. We strive for the best engines and happy customers! All engines come with name brand parts, built in USA with customized packages tailored to your style (mix n’ match your parts and colors).
No matter if this is your first rodeo or a pro mechanic, we help to make your job easy. Give us a call today for an instant quote!
Laid out below are the 3 dress packages we offer. Whether you want it bare, 100% complete, or somewhere in the middle, we can alter how complete you would like your engine. Included in the price is chrome valve covers, natural finish intake, and one of our 16 paint colors. You’ll see some flashy upgrades which are just examples and if you like what you see then scroll down further to the “add-ons” section! Instant quotes: (888) 957-5454
- **FULLY ASSEMBLED**
- 3 Year/Unlimited Mile Warranty
- Complete Long Block Assembly with AFR Aluminum Cylinder Heads Installed
- BOSCH Spark Plugs
- Brass Freeze Plugs
- Melling HD Roller Timing
- Spin Tested
- Fel-Pro Gasket Kit
- Melling Oil Pump
- 5 QT CFR Racing Oil Pan
- GM Dipstick
- Windage Tray
- Chrome Valve Covers
- Timing Cover
- 8″ Summit Racing Balancer
- Custom Paint Job
- SFI Approved Flexplate Included (or Flwheel for $150)
- 6 Quarts of Lucas Break-In Oil
Call For Price (619) 458-1441
- In Addition to Base Package…
- **LIVE TESTING & ENGINE BREAK-IN**
- 3 Year/Unlimited mile Warranty
- Edelbrock Victor JR Intake Manifold
- 770 Holley Street Avenger Carburetor
- Holley Fuel Rail
- MSD HEI Street-Fire Distributor
- MSD 8mm Wires
- MSD Wire Separators
- Water Neck
- Water Pump
- *Pulleys in Photo Not Included
- 180 Degree Thermostat
- GM Dipstick
Call For Price (619) 458-1441
- In Addition to Turnkey Package…
- Powermaster 9100 High Torque Mini Starter
- Holley Fuel Pump
- Fully Assembled and Installed Serpentine System (Available in Black or Polished Aluminum)
- High Flow Aluminum Water Pump – Black Powder Coated
- 140 Amp 1-Wire CS130 Alternator
- AC Compressor
- AC Compressor Clutch Cover – Billet Aluminum
- Aluminum GM Type II Power Steering Pump
- Remote Mount Reservoir with Bracket – Billet Aluminum
- Gates Premium Green Strip 8 Rib Belt
- Water Pump Pulley & Cover – Billet Aluminum
- Crank Pulley – Billet Aluminum
- Crank Pulley Spacer – Billet Aluminum
- Alternator Pulley & Cover – Billet Aluminum
- Power Steering Pulley – Billet Aluminum
- One Piece Billet Aluminum Bracket – Billet Aluminum
- Universal Alternator Fan – Billet Aluminum
- Works with either Mechanical or Electric fan
Here you can see your 383 stroker engine specs, shipping info, and more! Instant quotes: (619) 458-1441
- Engine specs
- How to Order
- Why We Customize
- About Our Company
- Cancel & Return Policy
- Tab Title
- Horsepower: 550
- Torque: 500 lbs
- Gas: 91 Octane (Premium)
- Max RPM: 6500 RPM
- Stall Recommended: 2800
- Crankshaft: Scat (Forged 4340)
- Cylinder Heads: AFR Aluminum Heads (210cc Runners)
- Cylinder Head Gasket: Fel-Pro 1010
- Cylinder Head Bolts: Elgin (Grade 8 Bolts)
- Valve Springs: ARP
- Lifters: COMP Cams (Hydraulic Roller)
- Valve Size: 2.02/1.60
- Camshaft: Lunati Voodoo Camshafts 20120713
- Push Rods: COMP Cams 7808-16
- Rockers: COMP Cams CCA-17002-16 (1.6 Ratio Roller Rocker)
- Rocker Arm Stud: ARP
- Intake Manifold: Edelbrock Victor JR (Aluminum) 2975
- Intake Gasket: Edelbrock 7201
- Pistons: ICON FHR (Forged)
- Piston Rings: Hastings (Moly)
- Connecting Rods: Scat I-Beam 5.7″ (Forged)
- Timing Chain: Melling (HD Roller)
- Bearings: KING HP Series (Tri-Metal High Performance)
- Carburetor: Holley Street Avenger 770 CFM (Vacuum Secondary / Electric Choke)
- Carburetor Mounting Gaskets: Edelbrock 9265
- Fuel Rail: Holley
- Fuel Pump: Holley
- Balancer: Summit Racing 161358 (8″)
- Distributor: MSD Street-Fire (HEI)
- Wires: MSD (8mm)
- Wire Separators: MSD
- Spark Plugs: BOSCH
- Pulleys: CVF Racing
- Water Pump: CVF Racing
- Thermostat: 180 Degrees
- Gasket Set: Included (Fel-Pro/Victor Reinz)
- Oil Pan: CFR HZ-9414-PBK (5 TQ)
- Oil Pan Gasket Set: Mahle (Molded Rubber Compound)
- Oil Pump: Melling (M-55)
- Dipstick Tub & Stick: GM
- Starter: Powermaster 9100
- Flywheel/Flexplate: Pioneer (153 or 168 Tooth)
- Total Timing Specs: 32 Degrees @ 2500 RPM
- Compression Ratio: 11:1
- Header Primary Recommendation: 1″3/4 to 1″ 7/8
*All Parts are subject to change due to availability. Substituted parts are of equal quality and durability to maintain advertised performance*
For optimum service and purchase accuracy all quotes and orders are completed by phone. You can reach by phone at 1-888-957-5454 or email at email@example.com!
We offer FREE SHIPPING on the west coast (CA, OR, WA) and all other states range from $200-$400. Call or email us for pricing.
Here at West Coast Engines your engine is fully customized and built-to-order in just a few weeks. This allows us to accommodate the right oil pan, flywheel, engine color, intake manifold, smog equipment, or anything else that may be important to you! We can also customize the packages if you already have a carburetor or an ignition system and simply deduct it from your order. That way when the engine arrives it’s a QUALITY product that LOOKS, SOUNDS, and PERFORMS the way you want it, making every dollar spent worth the investment.
Can you ship to my house?
Absolutely! We can ship right to your doorstep. The delivery driver will lower the engine from the truck with a liftgate and put it right in your garage with a pallet jack.
Do you ship internationally?
We accept international sales but the shipping outside of the USA is handled by the customer.
Can I pick it up?
For insurance purposes these engines must be delivered to you. These are big 500 lbs engines and we want a professional freight company to handle it with care to protect your investment.
How do I order?
Call us at 1-888-957-5454. We are open 9-5pm PST.
Do I have to pay upfront?
We require 50% down to get an order started and collect the remaining balance when the engine is complete and ready to ship.
Our nationwide warranty for the 383 stroker engine is a whopping 3 years and unlimited miles. Why? Because we take pride in the engines we build knowing they are our best when they leave here. We use a common-sense and personable approach getting you back on the road as quickly as possible if anything were to happen.
- Covers all manufacture defects
- Includes self-installation
- Includes labor to pro mechanics for repairs at $75/hour up to $850
- Includes all parts
- Includes leaks up to 90 days after start-up
- No returns on any performance engine whatsoever once it’s shipped.
- 25% cancellation fee prior to engine being shipping. This initiates after a credit card transaction is processed.
- Premium paint jobs and Serpentine Kit add-ons are non-refundable.
- Freight is non-refundable.
If your state is listed above then you are eligible for a core exchange! Core charge/deposit is $275.00 on top of the engine price.
- Core freight is FREE for eligible customers in these states: CA, NV, WA, MT, ID
- Core is picked up AFTER engine is delivered (not at the same time).
- You have 6 months to return your core after the engine is delivered
- Core instructions will be emailed to you after purchase
- Must be a 350 engine newer than year 1987 (2 or 4 bolt is fine)
- Yes, you may keep your core! Most customers do and just pay the core fee upfront.
- Core checks are sent within 90 days after core is mailed off
What is a core?
A core is an old engine. It constists of the block, heads, crankshaft, and connecting rods.
Upgrade your 383 stroker engine with belt systems, starters, and more! Instant quotes: (619) 458-1441
“This engine has so much more performance and fuel economy it’s unbelieable. They were extremely helpful and the engine builder was so knowledgable. Was a great experience and I would do it 100x over! I was referred to West Coast Engines by a mechanic buddy of mine that has been in car racing for 30 years. He’s been doing business with Brady for hot rod engines for years. Anyone that’s interested in performance engines that are street friendly and run on regular gas this is your place.”
“I bought my stage 5 engine from West Coast Engines and I could not be happier with my decision. It is the perfect setup for my 56 Chevy truck. After weeks of research and several conversations with Brady, I determined that he was the most informed and knowledgeable person that I spoke to in my search for the right powertrain for my truck. I recommend anyone who is building a car or truck that wants the peace of mind that goes with having a full warranty on a bad ass engine, to call the guys at West Coast Engines you will not be disappointed!”