Instant Quotes 888-957-5454
Smart consumers buy 383 stroker crate engines at West Coast Engines because they more value for their money. We put more research & development into our engines, bigger warranties, better quality parts, and aim to deliver complete engines dyno tested and ready for an easy installation.
No racing engines here! We build reliable street-firendly engines for your everyday Joe who wants to take their hot rod for a cruise on the weekends and have some fun!
- FREE Shipping Nationwide
- NO Core Fees
- Long Block and Complete Engines
- Quality Name Brand Parts
- 5 Year Warranty Included
ABOUT THIS ENGINE | “THE WEST COAST SPECIAL” 383 STROKER
Starting on the top-end we have Racing Power Company aluminum heads that are 205cc runners/64cc chambers. The lopey sounding Trick-Flow camshaft that is a hydraulic roller and is part number 31403001. Elgin Industries supplies our self-adjusting steel roller rockers with ARP studs and a COMP Cams valve train.
The bottom-end has a Scat 9000 steel crankshaft rated up to 500 HP, GM forged rods, ARP rod bolts, and a Keith Black pistons with a Hastings rings.
On top of the engine is an Performer RPM Edelbrock intake with a 770 Street Avenger Holley carburetor on top. Get your fuel injection upgrade with a Holley Sniper EFI system! Summit Racing HEI distributor with MSD wires with some BOSCH spark plugs.
Every engine is machined, balanced, and blueprinted at our factory to ensure it meets our high standards. With a Turnkey or Drop-it-in-and-Go package we will hot run or dyno your engine for up to 1 hour with all your equipment installed so we can break-in your engine AND ensure all parts are working up to standard with no leaks or defects.
For more specs scroll down to the “MORE INFO” section.
WHY ALUMINUM HEADS?
Aluminum heads are more durable and lighter than generic cast iron heads (also known as ‘steel’ heads). Aluminum heads last longer because it’s a more durable material made with the latest technology in precision machining and cast molding. This allows the engine to run cooler, tougher heads that produce more power!
HOW TO ORDER
From celebrities, to knowledgeable mechanics, to your regular Joe’s – our reputation says it all. We strive for the best engines and happy customers! All quotes and orders are done by phone for optimum service and precision since these are custom hand-built. Our build time is generally 1 month and we require 50% down.
Check out our photo gallery: CLICK HERE
See our YouTube channel: CLICK HERE
For the do-it-yourself customers who already have their own parts to install.
- **FULLY ASSEMBLED & SPIN TESTED**
- 5 Year/50,000 Mile Warranty
- 6 Quarts of Lucas Break-In Oil
- Aluminum Cylinder Heads Installed
- Brass Freeze Plugs
- GM Dipstick
- Fel-Pro Gasket Kit for Installation
- Melling Oil Pump
- Oil Pan w/ Windage Tray
- SFI Flexplate
- Chrome Breather
- BOSCH Spark Plugs
- Timing Cover
- Chrome Valve Covers
- Summit Racing 8″ Balancer
- FREE Custom Paint Job (16 Colors Available)
Call For Pricing
Fully dressed for an easy install. Bolt on a starter, fuel pump, alternator and she’s ready to fire-up!
- In Addition to the Base Package…
- **LIVE TESTED & BREAK-IN 100% COMPLETE**
- Edelbrock Performer RPM Aluminum Intake
- Holley 770 Street Avenger Carburetor
- Holley Fuel Rail
- HEI Summit Racing Distributor
- MSD 8mm Wires
- Wire Separaters
- Thermostat Housing
- Water Pump (Long, Short, or Serpentine Available)
- Crankshaft Pulley
- Water Pump Pulley
Call For Pricing
“Drop-it-in-and-go” setup for the most complete engine in the industry. A/C, alternator, power steering, plus that sweet looking serpentine belt system!
- In Addition to Turnkey Package…
- High Flow Aluminum Water Pump
- 140 Amp 1-Wire CS130 Alternator
- AC Compressor
- AC Compressor Clutch Cover
- Aluminum GM Type II Power Steering Pump
- Remote Mount Reservoir with Bracket
- Gates Premium Green Strip 8 Rib Belt
- Water Pump Pulley & Cover
- Crank Pulley
- Crank Pulley Spacer
- Alternator Pulley & Cover
- Power Steering Pulley
- One Piece Billet Aluminum Bracket
- Universal Alternator Fan
- Holley Mechanical Fuel Pump
- Fully Assembled and Installed Serpentine System (Available in Black or Polished Aluminum)
- 140 Amp Chrome 1-Wire CS130 Alternator
- Powermaster 9100 Starter
- 8 Rib Serpentine Pulleys CNC Machined from 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Gates Spring Loaded Tensioner CNC Machined in USA All Hardware Included
Here you can see your 383 stroker motor specs, shipping info, and more! Instant quotes: (888) 957-5454
- Engine Specs
- Free Shipping
- How to Order
- Why We Customize
- About Our Company
- Cancel & Return Policy
- Horsepower: 465
- Torque: 466 lbs
- Gas: 91 Octane (Premium Unleaded Gas)
- Max RPM: 5500 RPM
- Stall Recommended: 2500
- Crankshaft: Scat (Steel)
- Cylinder Heads: Racing Power Company (RPC 4400 – Aluminum)
- Chamber/Runner Size: 64cc/205cc
- Cylinder Head Gasket: Fel-Pro
- Cylinder Head Bolts: Elgin
- Valve Springs: Elgin Z28 Series
- Lifters: COMP Cams
- Valve Size: 2.02/1.60
- Camshaft: COMP Cams / Trick-Flow
- Camshaft Lift: .540”
- Camshaft Duration: 230° Int / 234° Exh. @ .050” Lift
- Camshaft Lobe Separation: 110
- Vacuum at Idle: 16″
- Push Rods: COMP Cams
- Rockers: Elgin SSR (1.5 Roller Rocker)
- Retainers: COMP Cams 742-16
- Guide Plate: COMP Cams 4808-8
- Rocker Arm Stud: ARP
- Intake Manifold: Edelbrock Performer RPM (7101 – Aluminum)
- Pistons: Keith Black (9956HC – Hypereutectic)
- Piston Rings: Hastings (2M-139)
- Connecting Rods: GM Forged Powder Metal
- Timing Set: Melling (3-202SA – HD Roller)
- Bearings: KING HP Series (Tri-Metal Performance)
- Carburetor: Holley Street Avenger 770 CFM
- Carburetor Mounting Gaskets: Edelbrock
- Fuel Rail: Holley
- Balancer: Summit Racing (161358)
- Distributor: Summit Racing (HEI)
- Wires: MSD (8mm)
- Spark Plugs: Autolite 3924
- Pulleys: CVF Racing
- Water Pump: CVF Racing
- Thermostat: 180 Degrees
- Gasket Set: Included (Fel-Pro/Victor Reinz)
- Timing Cover: Summit Racing (G3200B)
- Oil Pan: Summit Racing (G3503X – 5 TQ)
- Oil Pan Gasket Set: Mahle (Molded Rubber Compound)
- Oil Pump: Melling (M-55)
- Dipstick Tube: GM 1455169
- Dipstick: GM 14094765
- Flywheel/Flexplate: Pioneer (153 or 168 Tooth)
- Total Timing Specs: 32 Degrees @ 2500 RPM
- Compression Ratio: 10.8:1
- Header Primary Recommendation: 1″ 5/8 to 1″ 3/4
*All Parts are subject to change due to availability. Substituted parts are of equal quality and durability to maintain advertised performance*
FREE SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN THE USA!
Starting in 2020 we have FREE SHIPPING NATIONWIDE!! This includes all 48 states (Hawaii and Alaska are additional). If it’s a residential address or you do not have a forklift accessible at your business then it’s a $100.00 liftgate and pallet jack service fee.
For optimum service and purchase accuracy all quotes and orders are completed by phone. You can reach by phone at 1-888-957-5454 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Here at West Coast Engines your engine is fully customized and built-to-order in just a few weeks. This allows us to accommodate the right oil pan, flywheel, engine color, intake manifold, smog equipment, or anything else that may be important to you! We can also customize the packages if you already have a carburetor or an ignition system and simply deduct it from your order. That way when the engine arrives it’s a QUALITY product that LOOKS, SOUNDS, and PERFORMS the way you want it, making every dollar spent worth the investment.
Our nationwide warranty for the 383 Stroker Motor is a whopping 5 year and 50,000 miles. Why? Because we take pride in the engines we build knowing they are our best when they leave here. We use a common-sense and personable approach getting you back on the road as quickly as possible if anything were to happen.
- Covers all manufacture defects
- Includes self-installation
- Includes labor to pro mechanics for repairs at $75/hour up to $850
- Includes all parts
- Includes leaks up to 90 days after start-up
- No returns on any performance engine whatsoever once it’s shipped.
- 25% cancellation fee prior to engine being shipped. This initiates after a credit card transaction is processed.
- Premium paint jobs and Serpentine Kit add-ons are non-refundable.
- Freight is non-refundable.
“This engine has so much more performance and fuel economy it’s unbelieable. They were extremely helpful and the engine builder was so knowledgable. Was a great experience and I would do it 100x over! I was referred to West Coast Engines by a mechanic buddy of mine that has been in car racing for 30 years. He’s been doing business with Brady for hot rod engines for years. Anyone that’s interested in performance engines that are street friendly and run on regular gas this is your place.”
“I bought my stage 5 engine from West Coast Engines and I could not be happier with my decision. It is the perfect setup for my 56 Chevy truck. After weeks of research and several conversations with Brady, I determined that he was the most informed and knowledgeable person that I spoke to in my search for the right powertrain for my truck. I recommend anyone who is building a car or truck that wants the peace of mind that goes with having a full warranty on a bad ass engine, to call the guys at West Coast Engines you will not be disappointed!”