Instant Quotes 888-957-5454
383 STROKER 400 HP
“THE WISE GUY”
The Wise Guy is our 383 crate engine packed with 400 horsepower geared for performance, a nice lopey sound and everyday practicality. If you’re looking for a camshaft to add a bit more attitude and noise, look no further. This 383 crate engine allows you to have a little fun during those daily driving runs, car club meets or even while you’re towing your trailer for a weekend getaway. Life is too short to not have your cake and eat it too! West Coast Engines has you covered, drop this baby in and you’ll be ready to roll!!
THIS ENGINE’S PERFECT FOR
This engine is perfect for someone who enjoys a smooth, durable and reliable engine that sounds great and realistic for street driving. A person who gets the job done and likes to look good while doing so – who doesn’t?! Most importantly, someone who knows how to make good decisions when it comes to quality purchases.
THE WEST COAST MOTTO.
From celebrities, knowledgeable mechanics to your regular Joe’s – our reputation says it all. We strive for the best engines and happy customers! All engines come with name brand parts, built in USA with customized packages tailored to your style (mix n’ match your parts and colors).
No matter if this is your first rodeo or a pro mechanic, we help to make your job easy. Give us a call today for an instant quote!
- 400 HORSEPOWER
- VORTEC IRON HEADS
- COMP CAMS ROLLER CAM
- SCAT STEEL CRANK
- WORKS WITH A/C
- WORKS WITH POWER BRAKES
- 91 PREMIUM PUMP GAS
- FREE SHIPPING NATIONWIDE
- 5 YEAR WARRANTY
- NO CORE FEES
- MADE IN USA WITH NAME BRAND PARTS
For the do-it-yourself customers who already have their own parts to install.
- **FULLY ASSEMBLED & SPIN TESTED**
- 5 Year/50,000 Mile Warranty
- 6 Quarts of Lucas Break-In Oil
- Vortec Cast Iron Cylinder Heads Installed
- Brass Freeze Plugs
- GM Dipstick
- Fel-Pro Gasket Kit for Installation
- Melling Oil Pump
- Oil Pan w/ Windage Tray
- Chrome Breather
- BOSCH Spark Plugs
- Timing Cover
- Chrome Valve Covers
- Summit Racing 8″ Balancer
- FREE Custom Paint Job (16 Colors Available)
Call For Pricing
Fully dressed for an easy install. Bolt on a starter, fuel pump, alternator and she’s ready to fire-up!
- In Addition to the Base Package…
- **LIVE TESTED & BREAK-IN 100% COMPLETE**
- Weiand 8121 Aluminum Intake
- Holley 670 Street Avenger Carburetor
- Holley Fuel Rail
- HEI Summit Racing Distributor
- MSD 8mm Wires
- Wire Separaters
- Thermostat Housing
- Water Pump (Long, Short, or Serpentine Available)
- Crankshaft Pulley
- Water Pump Pulley
Call For Pricing
#1 best-selling package 100% fully loaded with AC, power steering, alternator, starter, fuel pump and that wicked serpentine system available in black or polished aluminum. Have us do the work for you!!
- In Addition to Turnkey Package…
- High Flow Aluminum Water Pump
- 140 Amp 1-Wire CS130 Alternator
- AC Compressor
- AC Compressor Clutch Cover
- Aluminum GM Type II Power Steering Pump
- Remote Mount Reservoir with Bracket
- Gates Premium Green Strip 8 Rib Belt
- Water Pump Pulley & Cover
- Crank Pulley
- Crank Pulley Spacer
- Alternator Pulley & Cover
- Power Steering Pulley
- One Piece Billet Aluminum Bracket
- Universal Alternator Fan
- Holley Mechanical Fuel Pump
- Fully Assembled and Installed Serpentine System (Available in Black or Polished Aluminum)
- 140 Amp Chrome 1-Wire CS130 Alternator
- Powermaster 9100 Starter
- 8 Rib Serpentine Pulleys CNC Machined from 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Gates Spring Loaded Tensioner CNC Machined in USA All Hardware Included
Here you can see you 383 crate engine specs, shipping info, and more! Instant quotes: (888) 957-5454
- Engine specs
- Free Shipping
- Why We Customize
- How to Order
- About Our Company
- Cancel & Return Policy
- Horsepower: 405
- Torque: 437 lbs
- Gas: 91 Octane (Premium)
- Max RPM: 5200 RPM
- Stall Recommended: 2300
- Crankshaft: Scat 9103750L (Steel)
- Cylinder Heads: Vortec (Cast-Iron)
- Cylinder Head Gasket: Fel-Pro P17030
- Cylinder Head Bolts: Elgin
- Valve Springs: Pioneer
- Lifters: Elgin HL-2148
- Valve Size: 1.94/1.60
- Camshaft: COMP Cams 08-422-8 (Roller)
- Camshaft Lift: .502”
- Camshaft Duration: 218° Int / 224° Exh. @ .050” Lift
- Camshaft Lobe Separation: 112
- Vacuum at Idle: 17″
- Push Rods: Elgin PR-373
- Rockers: Elgin (1.6 Stamped Steel) R-737M
- Rocker Arm Nut: Pioneer RM-341-100
- Rocker Arm Ball: Pioneer RM 342-100
- Rocker Arm Stud: Pioneer
- Intake Manifold: Weiand 8121 (Aluminum)
- Pistons: Federal Mogul H859CP40 (Hypereutectic)
- Piston Rings: Federal Mogul (Moly)
- Connecting Rods: GM Forged Powder Metal
- Timing Set: Melling 3-202SA (HD Roller)
- Bearings: KING HP Series (Tri-Metal Performance)
- Carburetor: Holley (670 CFM)
- Carburetor Mounting Gaskets: Edelbrock
- Fuel Rail: Holley
- Balancer: Summit Racing Pro Street 161400 (8″)
- Distributor: Top Street Performance (HEI)
- Wires: MSD (8mm)
- Spark Plugs: Autolite 104
- Pulleys: CVF Racing
- Water Pump: GMB (Long or Short Available)
- Thermostat: 180 Degrees
- Gasket Set: Included (Fel-Pro/Victor Reinz)
- Oil Pan: CFR Racing (5 TQ)
- Oil Pan Gasket Set: Mahle (Molded Rubber Compound)
- Oil Pump: Melling (M-55)
- Dipstick Tub & Stick: GM
- Flywheel/Flexplate: Pioneer (153 or 168 Tooth)
- Total Timing Specs: 33 Degrees @ 2500 RPM
- Compression Ratio: 10:1
- Header Primary Recommendation: 1″ 5/8 to 1″ 3/4
*All Parts are subject to change due to availability. Substituted parts are of equal quality and durability to maintain advertised performance*
FREE SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN THE USA!
Starting in 2020 we have FREE SHIPPING NATIONWIDE!! This includes all 48 states (Hawaii and Alaska are additional). If it’s a residential address or you do not have a forklift accessible at your business then it’s a $100.00 liftgate and pallet jack service fee.
Here at West Coast Engines your engine is fully customized and built-to-order in just a few weeks. This allows us to accommodate the right oil pan, flywheel, engine color, intake manifold, smog equipment, or anything else that may be important to you! We can also customize the packages if you already have a carburetor or an ignition system and simply deduct it from your order. That way when the engine arrives it’s a QUALITY product that LOOKS, SOUNDS, and PERFORMS the way you want it, making every dollar spent worth the investment.
For optimum service and purchase accuracy all quotes and orders are completed by phone. You can reach by phone at 1-888-957-5454 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Can you ship to my house?
Absolutely! We can ship right to your doorstep. The delivery driver will lower the engine from the truck with a liftgate and put it right in your garage with a pallet jack.
Do you ship internationally?
We accept international sales but the shipping outside of the USA is handled by the customer.
Can I pick it up?
For insurance purposes these engines must be delivered to you. These are big 500 lbs engines and we want a professional freight company to handle it with care to protect your investment.
How do I order?
Call us at 1-888-957-5454. We are open 9-5pm PST.
Do I have to pay upfront?
We require 50% down to get an order started and collect the remaining balance when the engine is complete and ready to ship.
Our nationwide warranty for the 383 crate engine is a whopping 5 years and 50,000 miles. Why? Because we take pride in the engines we build knowing they are our best when they leave here. We use a common-sense and personable approach getting you back on the road as quickly as possible if anything were to happen.
- Covers all manufacture defects
- Includes self-installation
- Includes all parts
- Includes leaks up to 90 days after start-up
- No returns on any performance engine whatsoever once it’s shipped.
- 25% cancellation fee prior to engine being shipped. This initiates after a credit card transaction is processed.
- Premium paint jobs and Serpentine Kit add-ons are non-refundable.
- Freight is non-refundable.
Browse our picture gallery of some engines to collect ideas for your next small block Chevy engine! We’ve also added a new photo gallery under the ‘About Us’ section above. We’ve given each photo a specific number in case you like what you see. Reference the number to us and we’ll tell you the price for the style you like!
“This engine has so much more performance and fuel economy it’s unbelieable. They were extremely helpful and the engine builder was so knowledgable. Was a great experience and I would do it 100x over! I was referred to West Coast Engines by a mechanic buddy of mine that has been in car racing for 30 years. He’s been doing business with Brady for hot rod engines for years. Anyone that’s interested in performance engines that are street friendly and run on regular gas this is your place.”
“I bought my stage 5 engine from West Coast Engines and I could not be happier with my decision. It is the perfect setup for my 56 Chevy truck. After weeks of research and several conversations with Brady, I determined that he was the most informed and knowledgeable person that I spoke to in my search for the right powertrain for my truck. I recommend anyone who is building a car or truck that wants the peace of mind that goes with having a full warranty on a bad ass engine, to call the guys at West Coast Engines you will not be disappointed!”