331 STROKER ENGINE | THE “ICEMAN”
Tom “Iceman” Kazansky was a character played by Val Kilmer in the movie the Top Gun. “Iceman” and Tom Cruise character “Maverick” didn’t see eye-to-eye. Iceman had an extremely cocky personality and was known for his big ego. His signature bleached hair tips are closely associated with the fact that he is “the best pilot” in the new class of TOPGUN students. What does this engine have to do with Tom Cruise, Val Kilmer, and Top Gun? Nothing… and yet everything at the same time! All jokes aside, we are headquartered in San Diego and a few of our engines are named after the Top Gun movie pilots.
WHY OUR 331 STROKER CRATE ENGINE IS THE BEST OUT THERE
Let’s start with the whopping 467 horsepower and 435 torque which is the highest rated naturally aspirated Ford 331 stroker on the market! She’s built to be a street-friendly everyday driver (not racing) and runs on 91 premium gas. It’s a direct replacement for any 289 or 302 Ford engine using the same mounts and no fabrication or conversion kits whatsoever making it an easy installation into your Ford Mustang, Ford Falcon, or classic Ford truck.
No cheap stuff!! We do nothing but the best: Scat, COMP Cams, Holley, Edelbrock, Trick-Flow, AFR, ARP, Fel-Pro, and more. Fully CNC machined, balanced, and blueprinted engines. To top it off, this engine is backed with a 5 year/50,000 mile nationwide warranty! Consumers shop at West Coast Engines because we go the extra mile, they are guaranteed to get it right the first time. Ask ANYONE who’s done business with us and they’ll tell you the same.
You get to choose AFR or Trick-Flow aluminum heads! Pick your poison; no cost difference. We are working with forged parts so we can push her without any concerns with the best heads in the industry. You’ll also notice we have custom paint colors, fuel injection options, air conditioning options, and more.
WHAT THIS ENGINE FITS?
Any classic Ford trucks and cars from the 1930’s to the 1970’s! This is for the old-school carbureted engines, not 1990’s and newer.
WHAT SEPARATES US?
- Every engine is custom hand-made in 5-8 weeks and we offer custom valve covers, paint jobs, fuel injection options and more so we can help you build your dream engine that fits within your budget and lifestyle!
- We use only the best name brand parts that are reliable and long lasting. Names such as Scat, COMP Cams, Holley, Edelbrock, Trick-Flow, AFR, ARP, Fel-Pro, and more. No cheap parts here!!!
- Big 5 year/50,000 mile warranties that include parts and labor, covered world-wide, and covers self-installs.
- Wide range of packages from a long block to a complete turnkey engine that’s drop-in-ready to install in a matter of a couple hours that’s already dyno tested and tuned for you with AC, powersteering, starter, and more!
Have your own carburetor, distributor, and other accessories? Save money and bolt-on your parts!
- **FULLY ASSEMBLED**
- 5 Year/50,000 Mile Warranty
- Long Block Engine
- Custom Paint Color
- Edelbrock 7121 Intake Manifold
- BOSCH Spark Plugs
- Brass Freeze Plugs
- Aluminum CVF Racing High-Flow Water Pump
- Melling HD Double Roller Timing
- Spin Tested
- Fel-Pro Gasket Kit
- Melling Oil Pump
- Ford Racing Oil Pan
- Chrome Valve Covers (Ford Racing in Photo is Additional)
- PCV Valve
- Pioneer Timing Cover
- 180 Degree Thermostat
- Chrome Water Neck
- Pro Street Harmonic Balancer 163289 (6.405″)
- Pioneer Flexplate
- Ford Dipstick & Tube
- 6 Quarts Lucas Break-In Oil
The ultimate turnkey crate engine that is 100% complete and ready to drop-in! Just add fluids, throttle cable, and crank her on!
- In Addition to the Base Package…
- **LIVE TESTED & BROKEN-IN**
- Holley 670 Street Avenger Carburetor 0-83670 (EFI Available)
- Holley Mechanical Fuel Pump 12-833
- MRG Distributor Clamp 2502
- MSD Distributor 83521
- MSD Coil 8202
- MSD 9mm Wires M301
- MRG Wire Separators
- Powermaster High-Torque Mini Starter 9162
- By-Pass Hose 20338
- SMP Oil Sender PS60
- SMP Temp Sender TS58
- Chrome Plated AC Compressor
- AC Compressor Clutch Cover
- 140 Amp Chrome 1-Wire CS130 Alternator
- Chrome Plated Aluminum GM Type II Power Steering Pump
- Remote Mount Reservoir with Bracket
- Gates Premium Green Strip 8 Rib Belt
- Water Pump Pulley & Cover
- Crank Pulley
- Crank Pulley Spacer
- Alternator Pulley & Cover
- Power Steering Pulley
- One Piece Billet Aluminum Bracket
- Universal Alternator Fan
Here you can see your 331 ford engine specs, shipping info, and more! Instant quotes: (888) 957-5454
- What is a 331 Stroker?
- Engine specs
- How to Order
- What are Twisted Wedge heads?
- Serpentine Front Accessory Kits
- About Our Company
- Cancel & Return Policy
A 331 stroker engine is a Ford 302 that has been “stroked” with a larger crankshaft. This gives the engine more torque in lower RPM’s. You’ll see a similar engine online called a 347 stroker which is also a 302 block that has been stroked. The difference between them are the 331 stroker is a much more reliable and longer lasting engine because there is less piston side loading which helps make more power and doesn’t wear the cylinder walls, or expose the rings as much as a 347 does. The other benefit over a 347 is that the engine spins-up faster because it’s a lighter rotating assembly. By far the most fun small block Ford out there!
- Horsepower: 467 HP
- Torque: 435 lbs
- Gas: 91 Octane (Premium)
- Max RPM: Idle to 6000 RPM
- Stall Recommended: 2500
- Crankshaft: Scat Steel
- Cylinder Heads: Trick-Flow Twisted Wedge 11R (56cc/190cc)
- Cylinder Head Gasket: Fel-Pro
- Cylinder Head Bolts: ARP
- Head Gasket: Fel-Pro 10112
- Exhuast Gaskets: Fel-Pro 1415
- Valve Springs: ARP
- Lifters: COMP Cams
- Valve Size: 2.02/1.60
- Retro Roller Lifter Kit: COMP Cams CCA-31-1000
- Camshaft: Trick-Flow 51403002
- Camshaft Lift: .563
- Camshaft Duration: 224° Int / 232° Exh @ .050” Lift
- Camshaft Lobe Separation: 112
- Vacuum at Idle: 16″
- Push Rods: COMP Cams
- Rockers: SSR-889RS (1.6 Roller Rocker & 3/8 Screw-In Studs)
- Rocker Arm Stud: Pioneer
- Intake Gasket: Edelbrock 7220
- Intake Manifold: Edelbrock Performer RPM (Aluminum) 7121
- Pistons: Silv-O-Lite IC720 (Forged)
- Piston Rings: Federal Mogul (Moly)
- Connecting Rods: Eagle I-Beam 5400FB (Forged)
- Timing Chain: Melling
- Bearings: KING HP Series (Tri-Metal Performance)
- Carburetor: Holley Street-Avenger (670 CFM)
- Carburetor Mounting Gaskets: Edelbrock
- Fuel Rail: Holley
- Temp Sender: SMP-TS58
- Oil Sender: SMP-PS60
- Balancer: Pioneer (8″)
- Distributor: MSD 84313 (Small Diameter)
- Coil: MSD 8202
- Wires: MSD (9mm)
- Spark Plugs: BOSCH
- Pulleys: CVF Racing
- Water Pump: CVF Racing (Long or Short Available)
- Thermostat: 180 Degrees
- Gasket Set: Included (Fel-Pro/Edelbrock)
- Oil Pan: Milodon (Front Sump $250 Additional)
- Oil Pan Gasket Set: Mahle (Molded Rubber Compound)
- Oil Pump: Melling (M-55)
- Fuel Pump: Holley 12-833
- Fuel Line: Holley 34-150
- Dipstick Tub & Stick: Proform 302-401
- Flywheel/Flexplate: Pioneer (FRA-203)
- Core: $275.00
- Total Timing Specs: 32 Degrees @ 2500 RPM
- Compression Ratio: 11:1
- Header Primary Recommendation: 1″ 5/8 to 1″3/4
We offer FREE SHIPPING on the west coast (CA, OR, WA) and all other states range from $200-$400. Call or email us for pricing.
All quotes and orders are completed by phone. You can reach by phone at 1-888-957-5454 or email at email@example.com!
Trick-Flow is a serious name brand aluminum cylinder head that is neck-and-neck with AFR for the best heads money can buy for a Ford performance engine. Twisted Wedge is pinnacle of Trick-Flow’s heads, and the latest version (which is on this 331 stroker) is the 11R series. These heads work with most OEM and aftermarket intake and exhaust manifolds/headers.
It’s called Twisted wedge due to the patented design of an angled intake valve which is even more vertically designed on the 11R making it a 13-degree angle. However, this valve angle change also required repositioning the intake rocker arm stud and mandated a new pushrod guideplate. Fully CNC-profiled and bowl blended combustion chambers and CNC competition ported intake and exhaust runners to provide maximum airflow throughout camshaft valve lift, and guarantee the same amount of flow from port-to-port and chamber-to-chamber for improved power over the entire rpm range. From our research and development these 11R cylinder heads can out-compete most other brands by up to 50 HP!
We are exclusively partnered with CVF Racing, one of the finest serpentine manufactures in the world! These front accessory drive kits are…
- CNC machined all pulleys and brackets in the USA from 6061-T6 aluminum, and they come available in polished or stealth black.
- From high amp alternators to high-flow water pumps, we are proud to offer a complete line of accessories coupled with a life time warranty.
- Serpentine systems use Gates 8-rib serpentine belts, resulting in 33% more grip when compared to a traditional 6-rib system.
If your state is listed above then you are eligible for a core exchange! Core charge/deposit is $300.00 on top of the engine price.
- Core freight is FREE for eligible customers in these states: CA, NV, WA, MT, ID
- Core is picked up AFTER engine is delivered (not at the same time).
- You have 6 months to return your core after the engine is delivered
- Core instructions will be emailed to you after purchase
- Must be 302
- Yes, you may keep your core! Most customers do and just pay the core fee upfront.
- Core checks are sent within 90 days after core is mailed off
What is a core?
A core is an old engine. It consists of the block, heads, crankshaft, and connecting rods.
- Covers all manufacture defects
- Includes self-installation
- Includes labor to pro mechanics for repairs at $75/hour up to $850
- Includes all parts
- Includes leaks up to 90 days after start-up
- No returns on any performance engine whatsoever once it’s shipped.
- 25% cancellation fee prior to engine being shipping. This initiates after a credit card transaction is processed.
- Premium paint jobs and Serpentine Kit add-ons are non-refundable.
- Freight is non-refundable.